Recipes

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

run clubbin'

About a year and a half ago, Mike and I were involved in a run club on Monday nights. We would all meet and run 4 miles (I usually only ran 2-3) and then head back to a restaurant for trivia, beer, and food. The restaurant we were going to closed down, and since then, Mike and I just haven't found another club to become a part of since our schedules never seemed to mesh with when the runs were going on. Last night, we finally went to one and were really glad we did.

We went to the Natty Greene's Run Club, which is located downtown. We completed 5 miles through downtown, which is one of our favorite places to run anyway, and then headed back to the restaurant for some tacos.


I made my tacos into a salad with a few tortilla chips to scoop up the goodness. They were delicious. We didn't really hang around for a beer, since we wanted to get home to let the dogs outside.




I don't know why it didn't save my last mile, but there was something funky going on with our phones last night. Mike's app completely erased his run. :(

I also got to run with my favorite running pal, Layne! It was great to see her. Of course we had to get a post-run, super sweaty picture. :)




Tomorrow is a very special birthday! Check back for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment