Recipes

Friday, September 28, 2012

it's really happening!

This week I signed up for my half marathon. Not only did I sign up, buy my sister also signed up.  I was excited when I first signed up on Tuesday, but now that I know my sister has signed up, I am beyond excited. (and why do her blog posts always get me choked up??)

The nerves are definitely starting to set in, and I am feeling frantic about getting as much information as possible about the race: the fuel, the water, the everything. These next few weeks are going to be brutal, but I can't wait to cross that finish line.

Yesterday, I did my 3rd run in a row, and per usual, it sucked. After having 2 great runs in a row, this one just blew. My legs felt heavy, my body felt tired, and I pretty much just went through the movements to get 3 miles done. I am glad I did it, and I never regret a run, but it certainly wasn't anything great.


I will not be doing a long run this weekend, since my training plan has me running a race. Mike and I will be running in a 5K on Saturday morning before heading to Greenville to watch the ECU football game. I am hoping that I can PR at this race, since I haven't raced in a while and my running has come such a long way.

The last 5K I ran was back in April and was my fastest race ever at a pace of 8:34, finishing in 26:35. If you remember in this post, I have gotten progressively faster over the last year and a half, and I would like to continue my streak. Let's hope I can beat 26:35 tomorrow! (btw, my ONLY goal for the half marathon will be to finish... so don't expect anything spectacular).

On Wednesday night, I had the chance to make a real dinner. I had done my run in the morning, so when we got home from work, Mike headed out for a run while I cooked.

Quinoa in the rice cooker, made with homemade chicken broth.

Stir fried chicken, red bell peppers, onions, garlic, and soy sauce, with cumin and red pepper flakes added.

Roasted sweet and white potatoes.

Mixed all together for a delicious meal and plenty of leftovers. :)

Also on Wednesday, I had a lunch time favorite sandwich: peanut butter and banana, along with mango, carrots and celery.  (I didn't eat the apple)

My department always celebrates Chocolate Wednesdays, which is awesome, especially around Halloween.

I am super excited it is Friday, and ready for the weekend. Tonight I am going to prep some food for our tailgate tomorrow, and then probably just relax. I hope you all have a relaxing weekend as well!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and your sis!! Sending so much luck and love to you guys!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete