Recipes

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Better Than Ever!

Last week was amazing. It was exhausting, but I wouldn't have changed a thing.

My sister arrived late on Tuesday night and I woke up to greet them at the door. It was close to 1 am, but I just had to get a snuggle in from my niece and nephew. I went right back to bed since I had to work on Wednesday.
Ainsley at the top and Freddie on the bottom.
We woke up bright and early on Thursday morning so that my sister, mom, sister-in-law, and I could run in the Gobbler's Run 5K. We arrived to the race just in time to get in line before starting.
  
Me and my SIL, Haylie
I ran better than I could have imagined. It was a relatively flat course, especially in the beginning, so I was surprised at how I wasn't tiring out too quickly. I continued running until the 2 mile mark, when we started to hit a few hills. I allowed myself two 20 second walking periods for the last 1.2 miles of the race. I was so shocked when I got to the top of the last hill and saw the finish line.


I ran the 5K in 30 minutes, 15 seconds with an average pace of 9 minutes, 45 seconds per mile. I am pretty shocked actually. I know that isn't very fast, but I am impressed with myself for not only improving on my best run, but improving my pace as well. I am so proud of my sister, mom and sister-in-law too, for running with me. We all felt great about ourselves after the run and had a much easier time chowing down on our Thanksgiving feast that evening.
Mom, Ainsley, Me, Jaime and Haylie

Mega Feast
We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, catching up, eating more, and playing. My brother and his family actually came up on Saturday, so with 3 small children, a house full of people, and 3 dogs, we were all very exhausted come Sunday. Mike and I are still trying to catch up on our sleep. I set my alarm this morning to go for a run, but with my heavy eyes and the rain outside, I decided to stay in bed. :)

My refrigerator is currently stuffed to the brim with leftovers from the week. Last night I split the turkey up for Mike and I to make sandwiches for the rest of the week. Although it is nice to have all the leftovers, I will be glad when they are gone so we can get back to our healthy eating. It is difficult to throw away such great food, but I know it isn't helping me by eating it.
Ridiculous...
I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I will sure miss my family and these sweet little faces!
Freddie, Austin, Ainsley <3

No comments:

Post a Comment