Recipes

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

When I first started this blog, I only told a few people. Mike, my sister, and my friend, Lindsay. I was a little nervous to tell anyone else because I wasn't sure I would stick to my goals and I wanted to be honest about things that I thought were too "personal." As time went on, I started to get less and less worried about what other people think and have shared it with more people. The more people I told, the more responsibility and love for blogging I gained. It holds me more accountable and makes me want to blog more.

I am so happy when people mention they read something in my blog or that they want to try a recipe. It fuels me even more to continue on with what I started and not to be ashamed of the "personal stuff." I hope that when I look back at my early posts next year, I will be so proud of the person I have become since then. 

I am over half way to my short term goal of losing 10 lbs by the new year. I have lost 7lbs so far and I have no intention of stopping there. My attitude toward a healthy lifestyle has not changed either. Usually, when I get these  ideas, I let them go by the wayside after a few too many fast food relapses. It is not happening this time. I am more devoted to my health than I ever have been. I want to be healthy, strong, comfortable, and most of all, happy.

I hope everyone has a happy, delicious, and safe Thanksgiving! I have lots of family in town so I will not return until next week with a recap of the Gobbler's Run 5K and the weekend happenings.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment