Recipes

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'll let you know how that goes...

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I have been doing nothing but studying for this test I am taking tomorrow. I am so nervous! But, I am feeling much better about the material and thinking I might just pass! I'll let you know how that goes. :)

So, on Monday, I gave you a little teaser of what was going on around here. My co-workers and I did an "Occupy Halloween" theme with emoticons. It was really fun to put together and we ended up winning 2nd place. Frowny face.

This is the first year we haven't won first place, and although we are a little bummed, we also are fine with it. It was time to let someone else win for a change. We are currently first place in the "Best Group" running that our peers are voting on. I will have to let you know how that goes. 



Besides studying lately, I have just been trying to keep myself in the healthy eating mode. I am doing great with my eating and have stayed somewhat on track. But, I have been quite slack about running lately due to a. freezing cold weather and b. darkness. By the time I get home each evening, it is really dark out, and I just don't want to go running in that.

I have also been pretty slack on the gym since returning from Mexico. I just can't seem to get up early enough to get there. But, I am trying to turn that around. I get off at 5 today, tomorrow, and Friday, so I plan to go running each evening after work. Next week, I hope to get to the gym at least 3 times in addition to running.

I just signed up for the Gobbler's 5K Run for Thanksgiving with my sister and mom and I would like to try to improve my best run of 33 minutes. So that means I have some work to do. I am really excited to be running with  my sister and mom, though. I think it will be a fun event for all of us, including our husbands and kids who get to come watch and cheer us on. It will make eating all that Thanksgiving food so much easier! haha.

So, my goal for tonight is to get home, go running with Franklin, and then sit on the couch. NO SITTING ON THE COUCH WHEN I GET HOME! I'll let you know how that goes. :)

Have a great Hump Day! hehe

Yesterday's Stats (definitely blew my calories and sodium out!):
Breakfast - cream cheese on toast, banana
Lunch - Homemade Tomato Soup with 1/2 grilled cheese (recipe coming soon!)
Dinner - Turkey Burger with pepper jack cheese on a sandwich thin and sweet potato fries
Dessert - About 5 Oreo cookies and milk, I couldn't stop eating them! 


Calories (-) 535 :(
Sodium (-) 653 :( 
Protein (+) 20 !! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment