Recipes

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

top 5

Mike and I ran in the March of Dimes 5K race on Saturday, with a bunch of people from his work. I was pretty excited about this race, since I hadn't done anything speed related since starting my half marathon training. With all of the miles I have put into running lately, I figured I could set a pretty good PR for this race, and I was pumped. 

Of course, it was a great getting to run with my favorite running pal, Layne, but just before we headed to the starting line, the rain started to come down. Before picture:


After picture... and after the rain:


 Of course, Mike and I had to get an after picture as well:

This run was awesome. Not really the course, or the rain, but because I felt unstoppable. I really pushed myself, which is not something I do very often, but it gave me a great feeling. If you can believe it, I finished this 5K in 25:41 with a pace of 8:20. My best 5K to date and I even finished in the top 5 females in my age group.

Not only did I make huge strides with this run, but Mike and Layne did as well. Mike finished his run in 24:01 with an average pace of 7:47. His best run to date as well.

Check out my splits! I was moving in that first mile!


After our race, Mike and I went home to get ready before heading to Greenville for the ECU game. It was rainy and gross out, but it was still a fun time. Plus... I got to wear my new rain boots. Win-win.


Sunday, Mike and I did a lot of running around. After church, he headed out for a 17 mile run while I went shopping. :) I got supplies to fall-ify our house, starting with a new wreath for our front door.


It turned out better than I expected and I love the way it looks. I expected it to take me all day to put together, but it was actually really easy!

While I was crafting, I had dinner cooking away. Mike and I were both in the mood for something hearty, so I ran to the store and got ingredients to make a pot roast. I had to call my mom for a few pointers, but it turned out really good.

I learned a few tricks for next time, and even figured out how to make gravy from scratch, so I was pretty excited for how it came out. Mike and I have been eating leftovers for lunch and everything actually tasted better the 2nd and 3rd day. I love when that happens.

Well, things around here have been really busy, so I better get back to it! Have a great day and week!



No comments:

Post a Comment