Recipes

Monday, October 8, 2012

300

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Ours was busy, but actually really restful and productive.

On Friday night our plans got cancelled, which was actually something we didn't mind at all. We took the opportunity to make some dinner, rent a movie, and get a good night's sleep. Since Mike and I both had really long runs planned for Saturday morning, we made a baked pasta dish that would give us some good fuel for the morning.

We also had a few glasses of red wine, since it was a stressful week and we needed to unwind a bit.

It was a perfect way to spend a Friday night.

For the pasta, we used grilled chicken, my homemade pasta sauce, and a bunch of different types of cheese all mixed together with some bow tie noodles. We cooked everything separately and then threw it in a casserole dish with the cheese and warmed it in the oven. It turned out pretty delish and we will be eating for lunch over the next few days. :)

On Saturday morning, we headed out early to get our long runs out of the way. I had 11 miles on the plan and they actually went really well. For the first time ever, I felt like I had paced myself really well, and didn't get burned out half way through. It wasn't until about 8.5 miles that my knee started to flare up. I took about 2 or 3 breaks to really stretch it out and I was able to finish out all 11 miles. I must say that by mile 10.5, I was ready to be done! I am really hoping that adrenaline takes over when I am running my half and I can push through that feeling.

I was really proud of myself for not letting my runs get any slower than 10'01. That is a pretty big accomplishment for me.

That run put me over the 300 mile mark. Pretty exciting! 


I am not sure how I am going to squeeze 12 miles in this coming Saturday with a house full of overnight guests and a wedding that evening. I hope my legs can handle dancing after 12 miles! We shall see!

More weekend re-cap in the morning! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I know, I'm not sure how I'm going to do 12 this weekend. I need to leave at about 9 for my winery weekend. And I'm pretty sure that after running 12 miles, then sitting in the car for 2-3 hours, my legs are going to be JACKED!!!!

    ReplyDelete