Recipes

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

2 years

I want to wish my wonderful, amazing, sweet, adorable, and always smiling husband a very happy anniversary. 2 years ago, I got to marry my best friend and the love of my life. I can't help but feel so incredibly lucky and blessed to have found him. I am excited for many, many more years together and if they are even close to being as happy as the last 2 years have been, I will be one lucky lady.


We celebrated over the weekend by going to a nice dinner and splitting a bottle of wine, so tonight we will probably just lay low, make our favorite meal (eggs over roasted veggies), and maybe have a glass of wine.

--

After our run on Saturday, my legs felt like death. I started to believe that something was actually wrong with them, because it felt as if I had 1 million tiny charlie horses running through my calves and thighs. It was a feeling I had never felt before. We came home, took a shower, and then I iced my knee while elevating my legs on the couch for a bit. I tried to take a nap, but it wasn't happening. It was really nice to have the whole day to just relax for once.


We finally got ready and headed to one of our favorite celebration spots, Midtown, around 6. I didn't take any pictures, just one that the sweet waitress took after giving us some free chocolate torte to take home for later.


It was a perfect evening. :)

--

On Sunday, Mike and I headed to church and then ran a bunch of errands. We went grocery shopping and while Mike went to the hardware store, I went to the Dollar Tree. I love to go in there every once in a while, just to see what they have. Sometimes, there is nothing worth buying, but SOMETIMES, there is something that you have been looking for forever, and there it is... just a $1.


Seriously, I have been searching for one of these for over a month. I feel like it will be so much easier to carry while I am running, and when it is empty, I can just fold it up and put it in my pants. I can not believe they had them. I went ahead and got one for Mike as well, since they were only $1. :)

We also decided to get a little fall festive on Sunday by purchasing a few seasonal items at the grocery store.

That cider is awesome but the pumpkin eggnog? OMG, delish. I am rationing it out to myself in very small increments, since it is not the healthiest thing in the world.

It is like fall in a glass. yum.

I headed to the gym this morning to do my run since it was FREEZING and raining outside. I am hearing that it is supposed to warm up for the rest of the week, so hopefully, that will be the last time I have to run on the treadmill until after my half marathon. I hate that thing... but I am sure I will be using it a lot more come the winter time.




1 comment: