Recipes

Thursday, October 4, 2012

a thrilling post on running and brussel sprouts

I just went to my phone for photos for today's blog post and realized I only have 3. 2 of them actually just being screenshots from my run this morning, so they really don't count. Things have been.... well, hectic in my brain lately. Today was the first day this week that I got out for a run because of a few unexpected activities with work, but I guess sometimes that happens.

So, I apologize for the quick, and probably quite boring post that you are about to see. :)

I got 5 miles in today because I figured that since I haven't ran all week, and I can't run tomorrow in order to save my legs for 11 miles on Saturday, 3 miles would have just been crap.


With a lot on my mind and a podcast blasting in my ears, I felt like this run went really well. I wasn't trying to go fast or hard, I just wanted to enjoy the cooler weather and finish in time before work.

For dinner last night, I made some ground turkey tacos and brussel sprouts. I know, rando combination, but Mike had bought me a huge stalk of brussel sprouts last week and I wasn't going to let them go to waste. I am working at the hospital tonight, so I wanted to use them up last night. They ended up working out perfectly because while I was hungry enough for a 2nd taco, I decided to go with a heaping mound of sprouts instead. That left me perfectly full, without overdoing it.


That is all I've got for today! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment