Recipes

Thursday, August 9, 2012

200 miles, W2D2 and W2D3


I forgot to post yesterday's run! You guys are supposed to call me out when I don't post a run. Thanks a lot... :)


Yesterday, I was able to get outside for my run, which was pretty great. I actually felt really good and tried to pace myself the entire run. I still ended up going faster in the last mile, but overall, the run felt pretty steady and smooth.

W2D2:


If there was ever a day when I could have totally skipped my run and stayed in bed, it would have been today. It took everything I had to get out of bed this morning, so I forgive myself for a pretty brutal start. Eventually, I got in my groove and although it wasn't very fast, it ended up being an okay run. I just kept reminding myself that my next run will be in Mexico, which made me really, really excited.

W2D3:


I also busted open a blister on the back of my foot this morning, which made my last mile a little more difficult. Each time I stretched out my foot I could feel my sock rub the open blister which made me cringe. I now have several beautiful blisters on my feet, along with horrific calluses that just add to the ugliness that are feet. I guess it comes with the territory, so I just have to deal.

In some other fun news... I have hit the 200 mile mark on my Nike+ app! In less than 3 months, I have added another 100 miles to my log, which is pretty freaking impressive, if you ask me. :)




I think it is time for some new running shoes now.

I will be signing off until next week when I return to the good old U.S. of A! I will be posting my runs from my phone when I can or when I get back to the states.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment