Recipes

Friday, August 24, 2012

i cooked!

Things are kind of hectic around here again, which leaves little time for blogging. :(

I ran 4 miles yesterday and felt great all the way until about the 3.3 mile mark and then my knee started hurting again. I was able to make it to 4, but my knee was definitely flaring up and feeling pretty uncomfortable. I am going to keep icing it and I had planned on taking it easy this morning so I would be ready for a long run this weekend. I am really hoping this doesn't cause any real problems.


I didn't want to skip my run this morning, even though I probably should have just rested my knee, so I went for a quick 2 mile run. I tried to just jog comfortably and get in a good stretch run, which actually felt really great. My knee didn't hurt at all and I felt pretty awesome the entire run. The weather lately has been really wonderful for morning runs, I hope it stays this way.


I am going to ice my knee today, as well as maybe a little tomorrow, before trying to run 7 miles on Sunday. I have offered to help out with some things this weekend which are putting me in the office for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday, so I will plan to do my icing then. I guess Sunday will be the test. If I can't do it, then I need to start looking at some other options for treatment, but I am pretty optimistic that I will be able to get through this.

So, yeah, I cooked this week! We will get to that in just a second, since I did anything but cook last night. I am feeling stuffy and allergyish this week, and feel like I am coming down with some type of cold. I have been going to bed pretty early, which I think has helped a lot, but I still feel pretty crummy. I guess that is what 6 airports, 6 airplanes, 2 train stations, 1 train, 3 hotel rooms, and being around 6 children with runny noses will do to you. That, on top of not eating my best and slacking on the exercise has landed me with a run down feeling and a perfect host for sickness. No worries, I am taking zinc (yuck) like a champ with vitamin c and drinking lots of fluids. Because I wasn't feeling great, I was really craving some soup for lunch on Wednesday. Soup in August? Sometimes you just want what you want.


Last night's dinner came in a box...




For some reason, cereal sounded like the perfect dinner last night, so that is what I had. I walked in the house with a box of cereal and told Mike dinner was ready. He is such a trooper. :)

But, on Wednesday night, I actually did cook, and it turned out really tasty. It has inspired me to make a similar type meal but more of the Mexican variety... stay tuned for that.

BBQ Chicken Roll Ups

olive oil spray
2 chicken breasts, sliced thin (I bought our chicken already sliced very thin)
1/4 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese

Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a baking dish with olive oil spray.  Lay chicken pieces flat and add a pinch of cheese to the center along with a small amount of BBQ sauce. Roll the chicken up, top with remaining BBQ sauce and cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes covered.


I also roasted some broccoli and made a baked potato for Mike and I to share. It was a great dinner.





Doesn't the chicken look like a mini enchilada? I think I will try to make it with enchilada sauce and beans next time.

This weekend, besides working, we don't have too much planned. Tonight I think we will get a movie and some take out Thai for dinner, for a night on the couch. Tomorrow I have a bridal shower to go to and then a few hours at work if I am feeling better. Sunday we have church, more work, and then some more couch time. It is not going to be a productive weekend for the Blacks.... but I am perfectly fine with that.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment