Recipes

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

W2D1 - sorta

It was pouring rain this morning when I set out for my run, which meant I had to do something I loathe.... run on the treadmill. Ugh... the misery that is the treadmill.

I just don't feel like I get any kind of work out when I run on the treadmill. Even when I try to challenge myself on it, I still just feel like I did a little cardio rather than got in a work out. When I run outside, my whole body feels worked and I am huffing and puffing my way through the run. On the treadmill, I barely break a sweat.

But, I am going to have to just accept that with running on such a strict schedule as a training program, there are going to be days that running outdoors will just not be an option. I am thankful that I at least have the option to run indoors on those days. I had to get in my first day of the 2nd week of training.

Since I can't log a treadmill run on my Nike+ app, I took a photo of the treadmill, post run.


I ran the first mile at a speed of 6.5, the second mile at a speed of 7.0, and the last mile at a speed of 7.5 and I added an incline of 1.5 here and there to try to get a little more out of it. Whatever all of that means... I have no clue. All I know is that I ran "3 miles" in 26 minutes and barely got out of breath. That doesn't even make sense, that would be an 8.6 minute per mile pace? No way.

Okay, okay, enough bashing of the treadmill. I just hate running inside!!!

I'm hoping that tomorrow it is not raining and I can return to actually running and wishing it was as easy as on the treadmill. :)

Yesterday's Stats:

Calories (-) 290
Sodium (-) 50
Protein (-) 31

No comments:

Post a Comment