Recipes

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lovely Suprises

Hey there! Hope everyone is having a fantastic Tuesday. :)

Last night was a great night. I got off of work and went to 1750 for their Monday Night Beer Run. Before we got Franklin, I went to this every Monday. It is a great way to end a Monday. Everyone meets up, goes for a 2 -5 mile run, and then meets back at the restaurant for cheap beers, $1 tacos, and trivia. Since Franklin has come into our lives, I have been going straight home after work on Mondays so that I can take him on a run and keep him out of the kennel. Last night, we decided to bring him to run club since 1750 has a dog-friendly patio.

I ended up running about 2.5 miles last night and stopped by a good friend's house along the way. We sat outside with our dogs and caught up on life. I feel like we never get to see each other so it was nice to fill each other in on our lives. Then, I ran back to the restaurant to do trivia. I didn't have any beer, but it was still a nice little evening out. 

When I got home after the Beer Run, there were 2 wonderful things waiting for me. The first thing was straws. Straws may not seem very exciting, but these straws were special. I am currently planning one of my best friend's baby shower and the color theme is orange and gray. I ordered some paper straws from Shop Sweet Lulu. These straws are adorable and will look great with the rest of our decor. The best part though, was the packaging. How cute is this?


If you put anything in a cute package with a sweet thank you note, I will probably buy it.
That is a single piece of taffy inside of this envelope with a thank you card. Get Out!

Not to mention the wonderful straws for only $4 for a package of 20.



The other thing that was waiting for me when I got home... duh, duh, duuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhnnnnnn...



OUR VACATION PACKAGE!!!!! In a little less than 2 weeks, Mike and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary in MEXICO! A big thanks to our wonderful travel agent, Dawn, of 4Moons Travel, who helped my husband pick the most perfect first anniversary trip for us. We will be staying at the El Dorado Royale Spa Resort in the Riviera Maya for 5 days and 4 nights. I could not be more excited about this trip. I don't think that Mike and I have taken more than a day off since our wedding. I can not wait to be on the warm beach with a drink in my hand and to spend some quality time with my husband. It is going to be glorious.


Bringing back the gym-

This week I am starting to incorporate weight training back into my work out routine. I would like to do a very detailed post about my most recent experience with losing weight and getting in shape. Maybe I will work on that over the next few days and hopefully post it this week. Anyway, one thing that I learned during that time was that weight training is what really works for me. Some people only need to do cardio (eh hem, my Mom, and she only does 15 minutes a day??? what the heck is up with that? I certainly didn't inherit that gene, nor her slim figure... ah. life.).  Others, only do weight training or yoga and they are able to maintain a healthy, slim body. My body needs weight training. I can run every single day and it will only make me feel good. It doesn't do a whole lot for my pants fitting too tightly. I have to do cardio and weight training in order to get the body that I want. For now, I am going to shoot for 3-4 days a week of 30 minutes of weights and ab work outs. Today was the first day of that and I did 5 arm/shoulder exercises with 10 lb weights and 4 ab work outs on the mats and with 10 lb weights. I am sure I will be majorly sore tomorrow but as Mike always says; "That's a GOOD sore!"

Damn right it is!


Monday's Stats:
Calories (-)5
Sodium (-) 587 mg
Protein (-) 20 g - Need to up that protein!!!
Definitely doing better!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment