Recipes

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

brunch, garden, and muffin makin'

Read part 1 here, and part 2 here!

I told you all that last weekend was full! I feel like when we actually have the opportunity to stay home and don't have plans, we cram as much as possible into those few days to accomplish everything that we can.

After going to church on Sunday morning, we went to brunch at Beasley's Chicken and Honey in downtown Raleigh with a few friends. Oh my yummness. It was amazing.

We each started with a drink, because that is what you do at brunch. I went with a cucumber, mint, and moonshine combo which was fabulous. I can't remember the name of it and it isn't on their website, but I am sure if you can remember cucumber, you can find it there.


It was extremely refreshing and I loved the cucumber flavor. Plus, it came in a mini mason jar... enough said.

Mike ordered the Reunion, chicken, egg, and cheese on a biscuit, which I had a little bite of. It was really good.


I ordered the Red Beans Rancheros, which was beyond delicious. I love Mexican inspired breakfast... eggs, beans, tortilla, guac... yum.


Adding yet another place to my list of fave brunch spots in Raleigh.

--

Garden Update!!!

This go-round of veggies has been way more beneficial to us than the last. We have already harvested several things from this garden and the boxes are so full! Below is our squash and zucchini box.


Our brussel sprouts, which are from our first round of planting, are still hanging on. They are finally starting to look like sprouts and the buds just keep getting bigger and bigger.


We also have some mini cucumbers poking through,


Some itty bitty green peppers starting to bloom,


and a huge mess of melon vines...


If only someone would have listened to his wife when she warned him of this... Oh well. We will see if we get anything from it!

--

After brunch and an extended nap on the couch, I decided to make some blueberry muffins. We have quite a bit of blueberries from our produce deliveries lately, so I wanted to do something to use them up.

I found this recipe on a blog and followed it exactly... I don't mess around with baking, way too easy to ruin things that way. I loved the addition of lemon zest, it makes them so tasty!


So good! I had one for breakfast this morning with a little butter and it was a great way to start the day. The greek yogurt and whole wheat flour keeps them relatively healthy, which makes them even more awesome.

I think I will make another batch this weekend, because Mike loves them too and they are great to have in the mornings and easy to grab for work.

I have already gotten in 3 runs this week, which is pretty exciting. I am going to do another on Saturday morning, but will have to wake up pretty early so that we can beat the heat. Even my 830AM runs this week have been HOT! 


No comments:

Post a Comment