Recipes

Friday, July 13, 2012

fascinating

I had to do some more bland rice and chicken cooking again this week, which can only mean one thing...


Somebody is sick. But this time it wasn't Franklin, it was our rock-gut pup, Deluca.


I feel like I am dealing with children, and I realize that kids get sick 25,643 more times than dogs, but I am over it. Mike said to me at 4 am when we were taking care of sick Deluca, "Do you know what our friends are doing right now? Not this." He is so right. But, we love them, and they are our 'kids,' so I guess we have to take the bad with the good. Deluca is already feeling better and pretty pissed that we have been skimping on the food portions.

--

So, now that I have decided on which half marathon to do, I have created a fun calendar to keep me on track. I am not really a fan of doing some things electronically, so I used some good old paper, pens, and markers to create an exciting calendar. I love my iPhone and I love all that it does do for me, but there are a few things that I would just rather have on paper... to do lists, shopping lists, etc... just not the same when you can't cross them off with a pen.


The awesome news is that my sister AND my mom have decided they are running with me! When I texted my mom to see if she was around that weekend and that I might come stay and run in the half, she responded; "will try to get ready to do it with you!" Rock on mom, rock on. I called my sister out on the blog the other day about running with me and she commented; "challenge accepted." I think it is going to be so much easier to train, knowing I will be running with them. And how awesome will it be to finish a half marathon with 2 of the most incredible women in my life? My family really is the best.


Now we just have to get ready!

--

I am a bridesmaid in a good friend's wedding in 2 weeks and she is having a bridal luncheon the day before the wedding. In a way to have all the bridesmaids stand out from the rest of the ladies, they have asked us all to wear fascinators. Think Kate Middleton...
Source

How fun is this?? I spent days (seriously) searching for the perfect fascinator and finally ordered one. I chose a total rando color, and I hope that whatever dress I decide to wear will look OK with the one I ordered.




I can not wait to see all the ladies in their fancy head wear. What a fun way to make a wedding event more festive? The pictures are going to be epic and I can only imagine what some of the other gals will show up with. I just spent an amazing weekend with those ladies in Vegas and they are all so much fun! It is going to be hysterical. I think I might have to suggest this idea when it comes time for another of my best friend's weddings... cough.lindsay.cough. :)

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. No, your friends are probably not cleaning up puke at 4 AM...but your sister was up until 1 AM and her alarm goes off at 5 AM. Third night in a row...sweeeet!

    ReplyDelete