Recipes

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Maybe It's All About the Food?

I used all of my pictures up in yesterday's post. I forgot to take any pictures of anything I ate yesterday or today so far. Sorry, this post might suck a little. :)

I had to work from 7-11 pm last night and I was exhausted. Mike and I ride together to our normal jobs a lot of the time, so he drove me to the hospital. Along the way, we decided to stop and get some dinner. I had a Sicilian grinder with french fries and unsweetened iced tea. I have the leftovers waiting for me for lunch today, so I am pretty excited.

Work ended up being really good and the evening went by smoothly. I crashed when I got home and am still feeling very tired. I think I will try to be in bed by 9 tonight. I am such a loser. :)

Mike, being the wonderful husband that he is, put some breakfast together for me. I had told him to put some dried cranberries, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of oatmeal into a baggie that I can add hot water to when I get to work. He didn't get it quite right, but his version came out better than mine. Oatmeal (probably 1.5 cups - I had to throw a little out), frozen raspberries, and brown sugar. Delicious combination that I will certainly be making that again.

Working Out Woes

I feel like I am in such a working out rut. I am already a pretty cold natured person, so it is hard for me to get the motivation to run outside when it is below 40 degrees. Since the 5k on Thanksgiving, I haven't ran at all. I have made lots of plans, only to have them be crushed right and left. I feel like I am just throwing out excuses, but seriously, I couldn't run with only 1 good eye. So this week, I figured I would get to the gym a few days and at least do some treadmill running. I am still hoping I can get a few days in, but with getting called into work last night and riding with Mike everyday, it may not happen.

Eating My Way Slimmer?

Somehow, even without working out, I am slimming down. My weight has remained about the same, but I can tell a huge difference. Even Mike has made a few comments recently about how I look slimmer, and I can certainly feel it. My clothes just feel better, my jeans are looser, and everything is a little more comfortable. Yesterday, I put on a pair of dress pants that I know have been a little too big on me for a while, but I was able to make them work before, just do not work anymore. I had to wear a belt for it's actual purpose, for the first time ever. They must look pretty bad because Mike thought they were scrub pants. I guess it is time to hang them up for good, and I am pretty excited about that.

Also, I no longer feel the need to wear tank tops under everything. I always felt more comfortable if I had a slimming tank top underneath of my sweaters or tops, to try to keep everything in place. Lately, I feel like they are too bulky and actually make me feel chunkier. I have 2 turtlenecks that I always wore a slimming tank underneath, but I have worn them both in the last week without one. One of those days being the day that Mike made that comment. It has to be my eating habits.

I am still keeping a pretty strict food diary and keeping my eating *mostly* healthy. Of course I have a few bad meals every once in a while, but I don't ever want to become the type of person that doesn't do that. I enjoy food too much. So I am assuming that is what is aiding to my better-feeling body. I just can't help but think about how much better my body would feel if I were working out more consistently. I just need to get back on track.

Dinner Tonight
For some reason, I have really been craving chicken nuggets. Sure, it would be easy to run out to Wendy's for a $1 order of chicken nuggets, but that is not how I roll. No more fast food! I am going to attempt to make a healthier version of chicken nuggets for dinner. I am going to use some whole wheat bread crumbs, olive oil, and bake them instead of frying. We are in desperate need of a grocery store trip, so I hope I have everything I need at home. I'll post the recipe and how they turned out tomorrow. 

Have a great day!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (+) 82
Sodium (-) 0
Protein (+) 46 - yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment