Recipes

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Only the BEST Chicken Nugget Recipe Ever

Happy hump day! Wednesdays are always good days for a few reasons. 1. my office celebrates "casual Wednesday AND Friday," 2. only 2 more days til the weekend!

Gym Plan
Mike and I have developed a plan for next week that will hopefully get me to the gym at least 3 times and we can ride together. Riding together has been really helpful to our budget since we both work very close to each other, but very far from our house. Our gas bill is just so high, we had to come up with some kind of solution. But, when we ride together, I don't normally go to the gym. Mike has a lot to wrap up before the end of the year at work, so he is going to try to put in a few extra hours each day. Our plan is to drop him off early, I can go to the gym, and then go to work myself. Luckily, the gym I go to is very close to both of our jobs so, barring any eye traumas, I should be back to my gym routine soon!

Yum. that is all.
Boy, do I have a recipe to share with you. I made the BEST chicken nuggets ever last night and I can't wait to make them again. They were sooo tasty! So much better than any fast food restaurant and so much healthier! I found this recipe on Skinny Taste and followed it almost exactly. That recipe is a keeper. Although, I do want to try to create a spicy version soon.
The Best Chicken Nuggets
adapted from Skinny Taste

2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into nugget sized chunks
Salt and Pepper
4 tbsp of olive oil
6 tbsp whole wheat Italian bread crumbs
2 tbsp panko
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Olive Oil Spray

Preheat oven to 425 F.
After you cut your chicken up, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Mix breadcrumbs, panko, and cheese in a small bowl. Also, put olive oil in a separate bowl. Coat each chicken nugget with olive oil, then in the breadcrumb mixture.
Place on a greased cookie sheet and spray with the olive oil spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Flip each nugget, spray with olive oil again, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve with your choice of dips.
Lite Ranch, Spicy Sweet and Sour, & Sweet & Sour
I really couldn't get over how great these nuggets turned out. I think the spraying of the olive oil was definitely key. I had hoped we would have enough for leftovers today, but we ate them all. :)

After dinner last night, Mike and I put together some lunches and oatmeal for our breakfasts the rest of the week. This morning I enjoyed oatmeal - "Mike's Way" - with frozen raspberries and brown sugar.

Tonight, I am meeting up with some lovely ladies for an ornament exchange. We are all bringing a dish to share and I decided to bring a Cherry and Brie Pastry Bake. I can't wait to try it. I will post all of the goodies from tonight's festivities tomorrow. Have a great day!

Yesterday's Stats
Calories (+) 8
Sodium (+) 537 :(
Protein (-)2 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment