Recipes

Friday, December 2, 2011

"I've Got a Fever..."

"...and the only prescription, is more cow bell."  haha.

Mike and I took the day off today to do some shopping and I am really excited for us to get in the Christmas spirit. We had plans to sleep in, get to the mall without crowds to fight around 10, and then shop until we drop, although Mike is totally being a trooper for even going with me, so I doubt we will be dropping from shopping. :) Our plans to sleep in were pretty spoiled from these guys waking us up at 7 am.

Wednesday night, Mike and I had more errands to run after work. I feel like we have had errands every night lately! After running around, Mike offered to buy dinner. I didn't feel like cooking or trying to find anything to eat, so we went to Q'doba.

I am still in a no-meat mood, so I rolled with the grilled veggie burrito. We got our burritos to go and headed home.
these things are so huge! 

I ate half of my burrito with a small side of tortilla chips and salsa. It was pretty filling so I packaged the other half for lunch on Thursday along with a monster honey crisp apple.

I usually don't by apples that big. But, I really wanted to taste this honey crisp apple. I am usually so stuffed from lunch, I don't want to waste half of my apple, so I stick with smaller gala or fuji apples. I only bought 1 of these, just to try.  It was so sweet and tasty but, I was definitely full to the brim afterwards.

We drove to Greenville last night to celebrate one of my best friend's birthdays. Also, she recently had a baby boy who just got home from the hospital, so I was excited to see him. We opted to just eat dinner at her house where she and her husband made a big salad bar with all of the fixings (which I forgot to snap a picture of). I was so happy to not eat out. It was so much more fun (and healthy) to just hang out at the house, hold the baby, and go at our own pace with conversation and wine drinking. Plus, it saves money! Which is pretty key around the holidays.

Baby Fever
I love babies! Especially babies that are close to me (family, friends, etc). I am one that will hold anyone's baby and I love it, but getting to see and hold a baby that means a lot to me, is just so special. I find myself smiling the whole time and just loving every minute. I really look forward to becoming a mom one day, and I probably would have one now, if Mike and I weren't trying to put ourselves in a better financial position first. I really don't want to have a baby until we have a hefty savings, some solid debt paid off, and are in a better position to sell our house. Those may just all be excuses because I am scared to death of having a baby, but it is what makes sense to us right now. :)

Until then, I will just enjoy the amazing babies and kids I already have in my life. And bonus, I get to give them back and sleep through the night. :)
Me and Baby Preston
Gotta go get ready for shopping! Have a great weekend, y'all! Ill post some pictures from this weekend's festivities next week (Tacky Sweater Christmas Party, Decorating our house and tree).


Wednesday's Stats:
Calories (+) 109
Sodium (-) 1857 - damn you Q'doba
Protein (+) 27 


Breakfast - peanut butter and banana on a piece of honey wheat bread
Lunch - Turkey sandwich with ketchup (I know I am weird), green bean casserole, mac and cheese
Dinner - 1/2 Q'doba burrito, chips and salsa
Snacks - 2 dark chocolate Hershey's miniatures

No comments:

Post a Comment