Recipes

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Breakfast

Gooood Morning! Well, I guess it is almost afternoon, but this post is about breakfast, so we will stick with morning for now. :)

Last night we went to the Jason Isbell show and I loved it! I really like his music and we had a good time with our friends. I hadn't really listened to his music until this week. My close friend has been obsessed with him and she is always trying to get me to jump on board. I finally started to listen to his pandora station and research his songs on Monday, since I wanted to be prepared for last night. I must have done a good job because almost every song he played, I had listened to several times over this week. I will certainly continue to listen to him and try to catch his shows when he is in town. Nice job recruiting me, Linds!

The only downfall about last night was that we didn't get out of the show until 12:30 AM. That is very late for someone who is usually in bed by 10 on a work night. Because of our late return home, I didn't have time to prepare my breakfast and lunch like normal. For these types of mornings, I usually have a back up plan.

Enter - Better Oats Dark Chocolate Oatmeal.
I found this oatmeal one day while browsing around Whole Foods. I usually don't buy a lot from that store since it is so expensive, but these were only $2.99 and came with 5 pouches. Also, I am not normally a fan of instant oatmeal. I feel like I can taste the artificial sweeteners and they just taste so fake to me. I gave this a chance since it was all natural and the ingredient list was relatively short for an instant meal.

Let me just tell you, I love this stuff. It is actually carried by most major grocery stores and I always have some at home and some at work. It is the perfect blend of semi-sweet, dark chocolate and nutty oats. It does contain sugar though, so I wouldn't do this on a regular basis, but on those mornings (or nights) where you just don't have the time or energy to make breakfast, this is a really great choice. Jaime - you will love this!

I tried to take a picture of the ingredient list, but they just came out blurry. So what is inside of these compact pouches? Whole grain rolled oats, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa, flaxseed, salt, natural flavor, and guar gum. Really not bad at all. Each pouch has 160 calories, 220 mg of Sodium and 4 g of protein.
Chocolatey Goodness
For lunch I am having a peanut butter sandwich, apple, and greek yogurt. Luckily natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread is a pretty healthy option since I eat it almost every day. I am getting a little sick of it though, which is why tonight I am making dinner.

Tonight's dinner will include butternut squash and black bean burritos and caramelized brussels sprouts. I can not wait. I am in need of some vegetables and a home cooked, non-microwaved, meal. I'll post recipes and adjustments tomorrow!

Have a great Thursday! The weekend is almost here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment