Recipes

Friday, October 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Jelly Time... PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

Hey there! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. We are finally at the weekend, and I couldn't be more excited.

This week I have gotten completely back on track with my healthy eating. I wish I could say the same for my work outs, but I have been trying to get over this cold. And, I don't even know where to start with how busy things have been since we got back from our vacation. I would like to say that vacation is not worth all the hassle... but it really is.

My goal for this week was to run on the days that I didn't work at the hospital and get to the gym at least twice. Well, on Sunday I found out that one of my best friends went into pre-term labor. Everyone is very concerned, nervous and trying to be supportive of my friend and her husband. This will be their first baby, and really, one of the first babies in my group of friends. These things could go many different ways, but we are all hopeful that the little guy would stay inside her for a while longer. Until he does arrive, she will remain in the hospital. This has thrown a little wrench in my work out plans.

Monday night, after work, I had a training class at the hospital. Then, I worked at the hospital on Wednesday and Thursday night until 11 pm. I rarely do 2 nights at the hospital in a week, but since we have been on vacation, I needed to fill in some days. I decided on Tuesday night, I wanted to go see my friend at the hospital to try to cheer her up. She lives about an hour away so it took up my entire night. Add all this to me getting over a cold and there was just no free time to get any kind of exercise in.

To make things even more crazy, her baby shower was supposed to be tomorrow, and I am throwing it with a few other friends. After finding out this news, we decided to cancel the shower for now and plan a party for after the baby was born. We wanted to cancel because she is on strict bed rest and there was no telling whether she would even still be pregnant.  The great news is that she has not had the baby. He is still cooking away in her uterus and we are hopeful he will stay there, HEALTHY, for a few weeks. But, this also means that I am trying to throw together a shower for her at the hospital.

We had planned a party at a restaurant where the food, plates, utensils, napkins, etc. would all be taken care of. Now, we are kind of scrambling to throw together everything we need. Plus, when we found out about all of this, we stopped getting ready for a shower, we didn't go shopping like we had planned to on Sunday, and we didn't make any crafts that we had planned. So, we are doing all of that tonight.

This week has been a crazy one, but it is almost over, the shower is tomorrow, and I know my friend is going to be very happy to have all the people who love her so much in one place. This has been a very difficult week for her and I know she is looking forward to tomorrow.

Even though I haven't gotten to run or work out this week, I am down 5 lbs on the scale. I think just simply getting back to my regular eating and calorie counting has made my body happy. This ice cream that I am enjoying right now may not have helped, but oh well! At least I portion controlled.
Here are some recent eats:

Breakfast - Egg whites with cheese on a tortilla or english muffin, overnight oats
Lunch - Peanut Butter and Banana or just Peanut Butter on whole grain bread or a salad
Snacks - Greek yogurt, apple, banana, celery with peanut butter.
Dinner - Chinese food (my pregnant friend requested this, so I get a freebie on that :)), Peanut Butter on whole wheat bread

I have eaten a lot of PB and bread because A. we need groceries and B. it is the easiest thing to eat on my way to the hospital. We have not cooked this entire week since I wasn't home for 4 of the 5 nights. :( I am looking forward to getting back on track with that this week!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories - (+) 381 (!!)
Sodium (+) 232 (!!)
Protein (+) 11

1 comment:

  1. So jealous. I have not lost even 1 pound in the 3.5 months I've been exercising and eating right. Very happy for you though.

    ReplyDelete