Recipes

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mexican Vacay Recap - Fondue, Swings, and Candle Lights

Hey! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I spent my weekend with my family and we had a blast. I have a great post to share about the weekend as soon as I get through the Mexico Recap.

When we woke up the second day in Mexico, I decided I needed to punish myself for getting pretty drunk on Saturday. I woke up around 8:30 and went for a run. Mike came along with me and we used the run as a way to get familiar and navigate our surroundings on the resort. I have no idea how far we ran, we just ran around the resort, stopping only for a quick few photos, for about 30 minutes. It was beautiful.







We ran along the beach one way, and then through the back of the resort for the rest. The back of the resort is not nearly as exciting as the beach side. :) 

We were able to see the chapel and all the gazebos on the resort property. Everything was so pretty!




After our run, we decided to get smoothies from the Health Bar. Mine had strawberries, mangoes, yogurt and even almonds in it. I didn't love the texture, but overall it was pretty tasty.




After drinking a few sips of our smoothies, we headed back to the room to get ready for breakfast. I tried to keep my breakfasts as light as possible, but it was so difficult with the huge variety of amazing breakfast options. Seriously, if you could think it, they had it when it came to breakfast. I was astonished. I just tried to fill up on as many fruits as possible, so my carb and sugar intake would be less. Some days it worked great, other days, not so much...

fried plantains over a waffle... oh yes.

Mike and I spent the rest of Sunday lying by the pool, relaxing, napping and of course, drinking. I kept my sugary drinks to a minimum, but even that was way too much.






On Sunday night, we decided to go to the Fondue restaurant for dinner. Yes, you read that right... Fondue! We rarely go to places like that when we are home so this was a treat. We decided to have the 4 Cheese appetizer and the filet mignon for dinner.




Of course the best part was dessert, as it is at any fondue restaurant.



We were pretty exhausted from the long day we had of NOTHING, so we headed to bed. :)

Monday morning we woke up and decided to borrow some bikes from the athletics office. We rode our bikes all over the resort and discovered even more than we had the day before. We both realized that bikes are quite painful when you aren't used to them... our bums were sore!






We rode for about 25-30 minutes and then headed to breakfast. Again, there were just so many options! And, since I wasn't hungover, I decided to enjoy a mimosa. Every breakfast place had a bloody mary and champagne bar. It was amazing.



After breakfast, we had appointments to get a 1 hour couples massage. On our honeymoon, Mike had his first professional massage. Of course, he loved it, so this was the one thing we decided to splurge on. It was not included in our package, but because we were there for our anniversary, we got a $100 credit towards the spa. Definitely worth it. Sorry, no pictures of the spa. I decided not to bring my camera, but it was a beautiful building.

After that, we hit up our usual spot in the pool bed and lounged for a few hours. We actually played in a "Name That Tune" game and won a T-Shirt. Mike and I make a good team because I know all the new stuff and he knows all the old stuff. It was pretty fun.

On Monday night, we had reservations for a Candlelight Dinner on the Beach. When we got married, some family friends gave us a Candlelight Dinner on the beach as a wedding gift. Unfortunately, the resort we went to in Jamaica was all booked and couldn't get us a reservation before we left. We were so disappointed that we were unable to use their gift and went out for a fancy dinner in Raleigh for our 1 month anniversary. We told the couple that was the best we could do to make sure the gift they got us sort of went toward what they wanted it to. I was so excited to find out that our travel agent booked us a Candlelight Dinner while in Mexico. We had told her the story and she made sure it happened.






Dinner was awesome. I had a salad while Mike had soup for our appetizer. Mike got the salmon and I got the steak for dinner. Everything was delicious. This was one of the highlights of our trip. I highly recommend doing this if you ever go to a resort.





After dinner, the waiter brought us dessert. I thought it was odd that he didn't ask us what we wanted, but then I saw why.


The entire experience was fantastic and we didn't really want the night to end. There was always some type of nightly entertainment at the resort where you could go and enjoy live music and drinks. We had met a couple earlier in the day and decided to meet them at the show after dinner. This bar was awesome. They had SWINGS as bar chairs. It was so fun!





Such a fun day and night. Hopefully I can wrap up the re-caps tomorrow and get back to my healthy eating and working out posts. I need to get back on track!

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment