Recipes

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mexican Vacay - Sad Faces

Good Morning! I am going to wrap up this recap with the last few days of our trip. We had an amazing time and we were certainly not looking forward to leaving the next day.

  

We spent the entire day on Tuesday relaxing and dreading our departure the next day. We got up, had breakfast, then headed to the pool. I learned something new about myself too, I love cottage cheese! I hadn't had any since I was a kid, and I always thought I wouldn't like the texture, but Mike let me taste his and I loved it. I had a whole bowl on Tuesday morning with tons of fruit mixed in. It was delicious!
We got to the pool pretty early and found some lounge chairs to claim. We hung out, Mike read (aka - ignored me), got some drinks at the swim up bar and just relaxed. After we got some lunch, we headed down to the beach.

Throughout the weekend, we had seen tons of fish in the ocean and wanted to make our way down there to do some snorkeling. We wanted to take pictures so we went to the gift shop and bought this:



I can not remember the last time I used a disposable camera, but we were so excited to take this thing under water. It wasn't cheap, so I hope the pictures will be great. I don't have a lot of confidence they will be, but it was fun and we figured it was worth a shot. We also took my digital camera down to the beach so that we could get some pictures of us in the ocean. 

I must say, I wasn't overly impressed with the view of the ocean at our resort. They are currently trying to "go green" and have put huge sandbags in the water to try to create some coral reefs. I understand they are trying to improve the resort, but the sandbags were just huge eye sores. The water was GORGEOUS, so green/blue and very clear, but it was hard to get any good pictures because of those stupid things. We still enjoyed the ocean quite a bit and we got some pictures in a different area of the beach where there weren't sandbags, but I wish their swimming section didn't have those there. 



Tuesday evening, we headed back to the room and took naps. I was starting to get a scratchy throat and was feeling quite run down. I could feel a cold coming on and was not at all excited about it. Since it was our last night and we didn't want to waste it, we decided to head over to the Japanese restaurant for dinner. Neither of us were very hungry and we were not in the mood for alcoholic drinks in the least. 

It was delicious, but we probably only ate a few bites before heading back to the room. We took a few photos along the way and then went to bed. 

Goodbye 4304! :(
We woke up the next morning and I had a full on sore throat with horrible congestion. I was pretty miserable so we decided to just order some room service for breakfast. It was some of the best breakfast I have ever tasted!


Soon, the bell hop came and got our luggage and we said goodbye to our wonderful vacation. This was by far one of the best hotels, with the best restaurants, and in one of the best locations I have ever been to. I don't know if we will ever get the chance to go back to that resort, but I would definitely recommend it! As Mike and I do with every vacation that comes to an end, we had our sad face picture taken.

Now we are back to reality... ugh! We will miss you El Dorado Resort!

No comments:

Post a Comment