Recipes

Friday, October 7, 2011

La Buena Vida

Hey there! TGIF! I don't think there is anyone in the world that is happier to see this day than me. Well, maybe Mike is just as happy. I will be wrapping up at work shortly and then it is off to Toast for a tan. Once that is done, Mike and I will be heading home for a date night in. We will enjoy a lovely dinner of steaks, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts. Pretty much our favorite dinner in the world. Also, we will be opening up this beauty...
Reynolds Family Winery 2000 Cabernet Savignon





Right after Mike proposed to me, we went to San Francisco for a mini-vacation. We took a day trip while we were there to Napa Valley and did a wine tour and tasting. We purchased this bottle of Cabernet from a small, family owned winery. At the time, it was a 10 year old bottle of wine and we had planned on opening it sometime that year. That was 2009. We keep putting off opening it since we wanted it to be for a very special occasion. Although we have had plenty of reasons to open it since 2009, we just haven't, so tonight is the night. We are going to celebrate our first year of marriage with a great meal and some great wine.

Us, at Reynolds Family Winery in 2009.  Simply gorgeous.
It will be a great way to unwind tonight before hitting the bed early for our 4 am wake up. Our flight to Mexico leaves at 7 am so we will need some rest tonight. I hope we can get all of our packing done! 

I can not believe it has already been a year since my wedding. It is so crazy how time flies. I have to say that this past year was one of the best years of my life. Planning for my wedding was lots of fun, but really, I just felt stressed all the time. Always worried about money and being pulled in a million directions. It was fun at times, but I much prefer married to any other facebook relationship status. :) Luckily, Mike makes it pretty easy.
Photo Courtesy of Lindsay


I regret to inform you all that I did not get a run in last night. I am pretty disappointed, but sometimes, life just gets a little busy. Waxing my eyebrows, painting my toenails, and doing our laundry were much higher on the priority list last night than going for a run. Plus, after we ate dinner and went to the grocery store (to get tonight's dinner), it was way too late and dark to go running. We have decided to do some activities and exercise while in Mexico to make up for it. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and share our adventures with you.

After work yesterday, we decided to go to dinner using a Groupon that I had purchased a while ago. We went to Spize Cafe in downtown Raleigh. It was relatively quick and so, very delicious.


Mike and I both had the red curry chicken with pumpkin and it was perfect. It was fresh and filling with just the right amount of spice to clear your sinuses and warm your insides. Sometimes, I really wish we lived downtown so we could enjoy more of these types of places more often.

Once we got home from our errands and dinner, I got to skype with two of my favorite people in the world. My niece and nephew. It was great talking to my sister and bro-in-law, but seeing these little faces just lights up my life. I miss them so much and wish we lived closer to them. :( They mean the world to me and I am so happy we live in a time where technology allows me to see their faces and hear their voices almost anytime I want.

Picture stolen from my big sister's blog.

I won't be blogging until next Thursday or Friday. Instead, I will by lying on the beach, sipping on tropical drinks, eating my heart out, and enjoying every second with my best friend in the whole wide world. Happy anniversary to us! If the next 60 years are anything like this past year, I will have lived one heck of a wonderful life. :)

Hasta Luego, Amigos!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary. I am very jealous but hope you guys are having lost of fun!

    ReplyDelete