Recipes

Thursday, May 3, 2012

apples and oranges anyone?

I was put on call last night at the hospital since our census was low. As soon as I got the call, I was giddy with excitement since I knew I would be able to get so much accomplished with an extra night free. I could go for a run! I could get all the laundry done! I could get to bed early and have a good night's sleep! But, then...

Then, I left work and sat in traffic for over an hour. Then, I stopped to run just 1 quick errand that turned into 4 stops along my way home. Then, I didn't even walk in the door until almost 8 pm.

My main priority when I got home was to go for a run. Even though it was already getting dark, I convinced myself to get a quick 3 miles in before starting on any of my other chores for the evening.

Close up!
For having not run in a few days, my run went much better than expected. I actually ran up the monster hill that I normally walk up. I also ran the entire time, which normally I would take a few small walking breaks. My legs and feet felt pretty light, so overall, it was a good run and I am glad we did it.

By the time we got back to the house, it had gotten pretty dark outside.


After showering and getting some laundry going, Mike and I made something quick for dinner. Since I was supposed to work, we didn't have anything prepared. Mike had a bowl of cereal and I rolled with peanut butter and banana toast.


We got up this morning and I actually had a little time to make myself breakfast. I was wanting some eggs, so I made an egg and muenster sandwich to eat on the way to work.


It was mighty tasty. :)

Can you just take a look at our produce bin? It is overflowing right now. We can't seem to eat the oranges and apples fast enough!


We need to do some serious juicing or smoothie making or something. We have fruit stashed all over the place, and we bring it with us everyday to work. Luckily, our good friends at GoLocal Produce have a solution for us. Starting this week, we will be swapping out our apples and oranges for local strawberries! So excited about that. I will demolish some strawberries, so it will be a nice change from the other fruit. Maybe we can clean out that bin a bit before we get our next apple and orange delivery!

We got to bed pretty late last night, but at least we got everything done. Tonight we have some last minute packing to do, but it will be so easy since all the laundry is done! We just have to get through today and then a few hours tomorrow before it is OFF TO THE BEACH!!!!

Have a good day everyone!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-)179
Sodium (-) 274
Protein (-) 12

No comments:

Post a Comment