Recipes

Friday, May 4, 2012

hit the road, Jack

In a little over 3 hours, Mike and I will be BEACH BOUND!

This weekend is so needed. We are all looking forward to a relaxing weekend, with no obligations and a fun time with friends at the beach.

--

I was pretty hungry on the way home from work last night, but I knew that I needed to go for a run, so I snacked on a pear in the car.


That is one thing I need to get better at. Instead of coming home and snacking on some crap before dinner, I need to have a piece of fruit or something. Lord knows we have plenty of fruit!

Since we will be going out of town for the weekend, we wanted to try to spend lots of time with the pups. We have a dog sitter who comes over several times a day to take care of them, but I know they really miss us when we are gone. We decided to bring Franklin along with us on our run, which totally wore him out.


It was blazing hot outside (90+ degrees), and we did 3 miles, so he drank a ton of water when we got back and then kept plopping down on the ground in exhaustion.


As we were packing up throughout the night, you could tell Frankin just wanted to lay down, but he was afraid he was going to miss something, so he kept getting back up. Poor little guy was tired!

Luckily, we had a quick and yummy dinner ready for us when we got back from our run. All I had to do was heat up the beans and we were good to go.


My sodium intake was kinda high yesterday, so I could only eat 1 tortilla with my sweet potatoes and black beans, but I had a heaping side of sweet potatoes that filled me up plenty.


I can't imagine why my sodium was high....


Plus, I had a pretty big egg and cheese breakfast sandwich yesterday morning which totally raised the sodium levels.

--

Welp, the car is packed and we are ready to hit the road! Tomorrow we celebrate this guy's 29th birthday at the beach!!!


Happy Birthday, Michael P. I am so happy you were born. :)

--

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 267
Sodium (+) 83
Protein (-) 8

No comments:

Post a Comment