Recipes

Friday, May 11, 2012

spoiling my dinner

Happy Friday! You all know it is my favorite day of the week!

On the agenda for this weekend... NOTHING!!! Whoo hoo! We are attending a concert with my mom tonight, but otherwise, we plan on just getting some things done around the house. We haven't had a weekend at home in quite some time, and will be out of town for the next few as well, so I plan on using this weekend to get as much (or as little) done as possible. :)

So, after work last night, Mike and I decided to go grocery shopping. We didn't have a ton to get, but we also weren't prepared to go, so the shopping took a lot longer than normal. When we headed home, I remembered that there was a Rita's close by and convinced Mike to stop. I had been carrying around a coupon for a free treat of my choice for over a year, and I was ready to cash in.


As I got to the cash register, with a mouth full of chocolate custard and mango ice goodness, the cashier informed me they no longer accept the stamp cards and I could not use it. Major sad face. But, what do you do, give it back? Heck no! Either way, I got my Rita's fix!

This was probably a pretty bad idea, considering it was almost 8 pm and we hadn't eaten dinner yet. We got home, got moving on cleaning and straightening the house, and then decided that we were too full from frozen deliciousness to have any actual food. Not the smartest moves we have made, but it was well worth it.


By the time bed time rolled around, we were all exhausted. Franklin fell asleep with his rope toy in his arms. Poor little guy tuckered himself out playing.


Since I am still walking like a total penguin, I decided to take today off from exercising. We slept in a little this morning, I actually took the time to do my hair, and I was able to get a few errands ran before coming to work. Getting in and out of my chair is still a total pain, but the car is the worst. The pain I am feeling is pure misery, maybe the worst it has ever felt before (but I could be totally exaggerating). I think I am swearing off lunges for the rest of my life... until next time.

I ended up piling some binders on top of one another yesterday to make a stand up desk. It made working pretty difficult, but it made my legs feel so much better.

---

I just finished up with my snack for today, and will move on to lunch shortly. We got some jalapeno palmetto cheese (pimento cheese) spread last night and I had some of that with a few ritz crackers. That cheese spread is awesome. I could probably eat it by the spoon.


My breakfast today was in the form of a smoothie. I used chocolate protein powder, a banana, 5 frozen strawberries, 8 oz of milk, and about 2 tablespoons of vanilla greek yogurt. It was awesome. Mike was rushing me out the door, so I didn't have time for a fun picture. Instead, you get the riding to work with my smoothie in my lap photo. Thanks a lot, Mike. ;)



I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 40
Sodium (-) 285
Protein (-) 1

No comments:

Post a Comment