Recipes

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

new path

I am always looking for new places to run, to keep my interest and shake things up a bit. I noticed that around my gym, there was a trail that went behind the building, so I decided to try it out this morning. I really had no idea where I was going, and I only got about 2.5 miles out of it, but it was definitely something different. It weaved me in and out of a bunch of office buildings and then took me through some woods. It wasn't anything spectacular, and I doubt I will do it many more times, but at least I know it is there.


After running, it was nice that I could head straight into the gym to finish up my work out without having to drive anywhere. I did my push ups and ab work out and then got ready for work. I have pretty much decided that my focus will be push ups and abs until later on in the summer. I might throw legs in every once in a while, but I have very little interest in being indoors or doing any other type of weight training right now. The push ups will give my back, arms, and core a good work out and hopefully the ab work out will tighten everything up.


I do feel like I am getting much better with my push ups. I am still doing the girl version, but I feel like I am in much more control when doing them now than I did before. I hope it is giving my arms and back a good work out.


This morning, after eating my overnight oats, I had some tea and chocolate covered sunflower seeds. I am loving the peppermint tea right now. It is so refreshing for a summer morning and it smells amazing.


It is looking like I will be called into the hospital tonight, and I am not too excited about that. I am still holding out hope, but they are pretty short handed from what I can tell and I am sure they are going to call me. I guess I just need to get excited for it, so that I won't be too disappointed when it happens. I am also working tomorrow night so this week will be kinda busy. Luckily, I got to sleep in until 7 (!!) this morning. I guess that is sleeping in these days. Ugh.

Last night was Italian themed night at our weekly bible study. I made sure to only get a small portion of each item, but everything was so delicious. I had a quarter serving each of pizza, lasagna, penne rosa, chicken Parmesan, butternut squash ravioli, and salad. It was still a ton of food and we were completely stuffed, but it was awesome.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday! Hopefully I can squeeze another post in tomorrow!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (+) 175
Sodium (-) 165
Protein (-) 3

No comments:

Post a Comment