Recipes

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

roasted veggie and basil chicken

Mike and I have been having a hard time coming up with meals lately. Usually, I have plenty of time to research and make up ideas during the day, but lately, I haven't had a plan before the drive home.

Yesterday, I had taken out some chicken so that we could make something with that, but I wasn't in the mood for a simple piece of grilled chicken with veggies and a starch on the side. After a quick survey of our fridge and pantry, I just started throwing some stuff together that actually turned out really awesome.


After chopping up some veggies, I threw the onions and a few cloves of garlic in a pan along with some olive oil. I let each of those soften up a bit before I added the chicken until it was cooked through.


While that was all going, I coated the rest of the veggies in olive oil and sea salt, and roasted them in the oven for about 30 minutes until they were tender.


Once the chicken was cooked through, I added a little sea salt, pepper, chopped sweet basil (from Mike's garden), 2 tablespoons of skim milk, 1 oz of cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of plain greek yogurt, and about a tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese to the chicken and allowed to simmer and thicken up.

After everything was finished, I put the chicken over some cooked quinoa and added the veggies.


It was really rich and creamy with a ton of flavor. I had the rest for lunch today and it was just as good as last night. I love when a meal comes together well!

--

I didn't get a run in today, since I woke up to pouring rain outside. I have absolutely zero interest in running on a treadmill these days, so I will try again for tomorrow morning. I really need to get on it, since I ate pretty awful last weekend and am still feeling heavy from it.

Hope everyone had a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment