Recipes

Thursday, May 10, 2012

walk like a... penguin?

Hey! A quick hiatus yesterday since I had a work thing that did not allow for blogging.  :)

I guess after not doing any type of leg work out for probably close to 3 months, I should have taken it a little easy on my poor butt and thighs yesterday, but instead, I am currently walking like a penguin. Getting in and out of my chair at work is quite the ordeal... it aint pretty. (side note... aint is not a word recognized by Google... further proves it is in fact NOT a word).

I was sure to do only do 3 sets of 8 reps for both my squats and lunges, I skipped any type of leg press, and didn't do any machines, thinking that would be "taking it easy." I even stretched a ton after my work out to try to ease any soreness I might have. What I probably shouldn't have done, was those lunges with 10 lb dumb bells in my hands... I think that is what did it. My legs are in PAIN today.

Somehow, even though I can barely walk, I managed a 3 mile run this morning. After the first few steps, my legs didn't feel sore and my run was pretty smooth. Now that they aren't moving, my legs are doing some complaining.

I ran the 3 mile loop close to Mike's (and most of you all's) work. It was really nice out there, with lots of shade and pretty scenery to enjoy. Of course I snapped a few photos for you.


I love changing up my running routes. It makes them go by so much faster and makes them much more enjoyable.


--

I worked at the hospital last night, so let's rewind to Tuesday. We didn't get home from work/voting until almost 8 pm. Earlier in the day, I went to the store and got some bbq sauce since I was really in the mood for some bbq chicken. The last time I bought bbq sauce, I didn't really read the label, so I knew what we had at home would not fly.


Although it doesn't have the best (or few) ingredients, it doesn't have any HFCS and the sodium was relatively low (220 mg per 2 tablespoons). They have a bunch of other flavors, and since this was the ONLY brand I found that didn't have HFCS, I think I will be trying some of the others soon.

The grill master got to work.


Just before 9 pm, dinner was served.


I split my chicken breast and sweet potato in half and threw it in the fridge, which will be my lunch for tomorrow. Thanks to my company buying me lunch twice this week, I had enough lunches in the fridge for the rest of the week. I love being a day ahead of my leftovers!

After dinner, we each had some leftover butterfinger cake and ice cream. I can't wait until that cake is gone... this is becoming a nightly routine. It is just so good!


Luckily, along with the increase in cake consumption, I have had an increase in exercise this week. Balance... that is what it is all about!

I think I will waddle back to work now, and somehow find a way to work standing up. I just don't want to sit down or have to think about getting back up. :(

Tuesday's Stats:
Calories (+) 133
Sodium (-) 108
Protein (-) 1

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 340
Sodium (-) 326
Protein (-) 19

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...that's not near my work. When are you coming to run near my job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to come run near your job! Or you could move here and then I can definitely run near your job. :)

      Delete