Recipes

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

29 going on 79

Some days, things just don't happen as planned. Like today... when I got into my frigid cold car this morning and this light popped up:
Don't judge my dusty dash...
I was already running late for the gym by 10 minutes due to the warmth of my bed and my eyes refusing to open. But that was ok, since I would still have 50 minutes by the time I got there. After looking in my owner's manual I found that this meant my tire pressure was low. It said to IMMEDIATELY check the tire pressure. So I went to the closest gas station and looked at my tires. They looked fine. I inserted 75 cents and added air to them, the light is still on.

My mom said that it is normal when the weather gets this cold for your tires to freak out since air deflates or expands or something. So I headed to the gym. Not 10 minutes after being on the highway, I was in a dead stop. I guess everyone in the world decided to actually go to work today. I hate this time of year.

I finally arrived at the gym with exactly 20 minutes left in my allotted work out time. I got on the treadmill and ran the entire time. It wasn't a pretty work out, but it was a work out. I could have easily said 'eff it' and gone back to bed, but I made it. Hopefully tomorrow I can get my full hour in as planned.


I am pretty sure I was the only one that worked yesterday. I got to work and the parking lot was completely empty except for maybe 6 cars. Work was pretty boring, since I am sure everyone was enjoying their last day of vacation and doctors offices were probably closed. It was nice to ease back into work though. Instead of hitting the ground running on my first day back in over a week.

For breakfast yesterday, I made 2 pieces of toast with almond and cashew butter smeared over them. My almond butter stash is quickly disappearing, probably due to my frequent dips with a spoon anytime I walk past the cabinet.
For lunch, I had some leftover roasted veggies from our dinner on Saturday. I was starving by the time I left work yesterday, so I snacked on an apple on my drive home.

I came home to find my super hubby (who was off yesterday) had already made dinner. I was in a groggy mood when I got there, I had a headache and just felt blah, so I was happy to not have to think about dinner. He made spaghetti with ground turkey, whole wheat pasta, and some garlic bread.
I ate about half of this and saved the rest for lunch today.
After dinner, I had a spoonful of almond butter to satisfy my sweet tooth and then immediately headed upstairs. I was so tired and just wanted an early bed time. Sometimes I wonder how old I really am.
8:21 pm... yup...
Mike wanted to do some ironing so while he did that, I packed up my gym bag and got together some gym clothes.
Then I crawled into bed with two tired pups.

Once Mike came to bed, Franklin was exhausted. He curled up next to Mike and couldn't keep his eyes open. How funny is this picture? Mike couldn't move his arm because Franklin was OUT! So adorable.

Going Local!

Mike and I have been talking about joining a local CSA or Produce Delivery Service for about 6 months. I have been interested in doing it because we don't really have the time to go to the Farmer's Market but I love when we have a fridge full of their veggies and fruits. I am particularly interested in eating more local produce and trying out different things. I have been doing lots of research, but everything I found was either too expensive for the amount of produce or seemed too complicated. Lots of them use points systems that I think try to confuse you so that you end up buying more than you need, in my opinion.

On our long car trip home on Friday, we talked more and more about this and how we wanted to do it. I only have one friend who has this type of service so I texted her to find out her thoughts. Luckily, she has tried several different delivery companies in the area and recommended one to us. It was so nice to be able to pick her brain about it and whether it was a good deal or not. We ended up going with Go Local Produce and signed up with them today. The cost is really reasonable ($25 for 12 varieties of veggies and fruits, all selected from the farmer's market here in Raleigh every week) and will save us from having to shop for produce at the grocery store. I am really looking forward to getting our first box and I will let you know how it goes. It seems like it may actually be too much food, but we can adjust it if that is the case.

Have a great day!



Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (+) 34
Sodium (+) 856
Protein (+) 6

No comments:

Post a Comment