Recipes

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Hunger Cure

Since I was on call last night, Mike and I didn't prepare ourselves to make dinner. I figured I would get called in, so he planned on just making some leftovers for himself. Well, to my pleasant surprise, I didn't get called in! So dinner was just sort of thrown together based on what we had on hand.


I made a cheese tortilla and heated up some of our leftover Rosemary White Bean and Veggie Soup. It was a hearty dinner, so it left me quite full.

For lunch yesterday, I brought the leftovers from Sunday's lunch. Mike and I were out running errands all day on Sunday, so we went to the Remedy Diner in downtown Raleigh for lunch. We have eaten there before, and this place has quickly become one of my faves. Somehow, I always forget about it, though. It is one of those restaurants that make you feel like you are at a hidden gem while living in a huge city. We all know that Raleigh is not huge, so it isn't very often you find restaurants that remind you of places like D.C., New York, or San Fran.

I love Remedy because they have such an awesome menu to choose from. They have a great vegetarian menu, so I always take forever to choose what I want. I am a little afraid to try a lot of vegetarian things like tempeh or seitan. I know that Remedy would be the perfect place to try it when I am ready, since they are pretty well known for their wonderful vegetarian dishes.


Remedy is also super adorable. It is right on the corner of a pretty popular area in downtown Raleigh, with a park, lots of restaurants, and the children's museum surrounding. It is pretty small, but we had no trouble getting a table for lunch. During the warmer months, they have sidewalk seating and a patio out back.


I had the Kansas Katie which had cream cheese, avocado, homemade raspberry honey mustard, and turkey on ciabatta bread... oh em gee... so good. I had their homemade potato salad as my side, which was good, but a little too mustard-y for my liking. I liked Mike's fries much better, so I snagged a few of those. :)

Check out those layers... yum!

Mike had the Spicy Turkey. It is turkey, provolone, jalapenos, lettuce, tomatoes, and homemade chipotle mayo on sourdough. His was really good too, and really spicy. He had fries on the side and they season them with old bay or something, because they tasted crab-like.


Since we were really in the mood for deli type food, this totally hit the spot. I am so glad Mike remembered it. I plan on going there a lot more often in the future. It is so different, yet has cozy food at the same time. There are so many things I want to try.

Gym Time
Yesterday, when I was planning out my gym session, I decided I needed to give my upper body a rest, since I was extremely sore. I didn't think my arms could handle doing back, and that was all that was left to do this week. My arms feel much better today, but I still went with a lower body work out. I did the same leg work out that I have been doing, since I have felt pretty happy about it for the last few weeks. Today didn't disappoint. I upped my weights a little bit and gave my legs a good long stretch before leaving.

Tomorrow I plan on just doing abs and cardio, leaving back for Thursday or Friday. I am loving getting to the gym every day during the week. It takes so much pressure off of the weekends! If I want to go on Sat or Sun, I do, if I don't get to it, I don't worry about it!

Have a great evening! Sorry for the late post, been quite busy around here lately...


Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 140
Sodium (+) 1010
Protein (-) 2

No comments:

Post a Comment