Recipes

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spicy Pineapple Chicken

I am not sure what is going on, but I am in a funk. I feel grumpy and lazy, and very tired. Plus, I seem to have lost my cardio mo-jo.

Yesterday, I had to stop myself from taking a nap in the gym parking lot instead of working out, and today, I dragged out my back and ab work out so that I wouldn't have to get on the treadmill. What is wrong with me lately?? I usually really enjoy the cardio portion of my workouts, but so far this week, I have been avoiding them like the plague. I hope I snap out of it soon, because I could use a good sweat session about now.

I have to sign up to be "on call" at the hospital for 8 hours every 2 months (I split mine up in 2 - 4 hour shifts). Usually, when you are on call, you have a pretty slim chance of being called in, because the hospital tries to avoid paying the premium wage for nurses who are called in. Lately, since my floor has been short, we have been called in every time. Tonight, I am on call.  At 9:15 am, I was called in. Blah... I just have to keep reminding myself that working these shifts will get me to Sin City, Mehiko, and Beantown this summer. It will all be worth it.



Last night's dinner turned out pretty good. I made up my own sauce to cook the chicken in and it complimented the pineapple perfectly. I may have went a little too heavy on the crushed red pepper, since Mike started coughing when he took his first bite from the heat, but it's a learning process. He and I both thought the flavor was really good.



Spicy Pineapple Chicken with Rice
Serves 2-4

2 large chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use light for the lower sodium)
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons wasabi teriyaki
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper (to taste)
4 pineapple rings (fresh or canned)

2 cups cooked brown rice

Cook brown rice as directed. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 F.  Combine everything except the chicken and rice in a baking dish using a whisk. You can taste it to see if the flavor is enough and then add more seasoning or sauce if needed. Add in the chicken after coating both sides with the sauce.  Bake covered for 20 minutes, flip and then bake another 10 minutes. Place a pineapple ring on each piece of chicken and spoon sauce over pineapple and chicken. Bake another 10 minutes. Serve over rice.


Easy and yummy dinner. :)

I think tomorrow I will try to go to the gym and only do cardio. Maybe like 45 min worth... I guess it will just depend on how my night goes tonight. I need to get out of this funk, and get positive, otherwise, I am in for a loooonng week.

Have a good day everyone!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (+) 142
Sodium (-) 1
Protein (+) 11

No comments:

Post a Comment