Recipes

Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm Juicing

Duh, duh, du-du-duh, dun, dun, duh, duh, dun, duuuun. Duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh!


Finally, a run! I busted out 30 minutes of straight up running this morning and it felt really good, even if it was on the treadmill. I put my incline a little lower than normal, because I wanted to be able to finish, and I didn't do any walking intervals. I ran at a pace of 10:30 min/mile with a several 9:00 min/mile intervals to mix it up. My legs didn't feel heavy and I actually felt really energized. I am still convinced that I am just making up excuses, but maybe I really did need some nutrients.

I think writing everything out, really helped me to focus on what needed to be done. After reading over my list from yesterday's blog, I realized that I needed to just shut up, and do it. This little bloggy really does help me with staying on track. :)


When we got home from work yesterday, I immediately started on dinner. I really wanted to get to bed early last night, so I figured the quicker we could get done, the better chance I got to bed early. I made Joy the Baker's Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos again, since we had some slaw leftover from last time. We had gotten some mushrooms from our produce delivery box and I didn't want them to go bad, so I added some to the black beans. Nothing like a little added protein. The tacos were just as good as last time! 


I mentioned in my blog post yesterday, how I thought maybe I needed to add some nutrients into my diet. Maybe that is the reason I have been so sleepy and unmotivated lately. So I decided to dust off the old juicer.

RIP Jack, thanks for the power juicer
Our fruit and veggie drawers have been packed full lately, with all of the produce deliveries we have gotten. We go through the veggies pretty quick, but are having some trouble with the fruit. I am not a fan of bringing citrus fruit with me to work. It is messy and annoying to eat, so I would rather just bring a pear or apple to eat whole. I mostly just had oranges and carrots on hand but, I added in some apples and celery for good measure.


When I juice, I do not use a recipe. I pretty much just start throwing things into the juicer and taste as I go. If it is too sweet, I throw in a veggie, if it is too veggie tasting, I throw in some fruit. I made Mike and I each a glass of orange, apple, carrot and celery juice to have this morning before we left for work. After we cleaned up the dishes (which is probably the worst part about the juicer), we headed to bed.


I fell asleep really quickly last night and woke up at 5 already feeling refreshed. When I woke up again at 6:20, to leave for the gym, I was in good spirits. I drank my juice on the car ride to the gym, and definitely felt energized. It is pretty sad that when I came downstairs to leave this morning, Mike's first words to me were "Oh, you aren't bringing a pillow and blanket for the car ride?" haha.


I plan on making another batch tonight for tomorrow morning and hope to get another good cardio work out in, along with arms and abs.

Mike is giving dry beans another try today, so he soaked some white beans all night and then threw them in the crock pot this morning. I hope they turn out good because I am really excited to make some rosemary braised white beans tonight. As long as they do, I will post the recipe tomorrow!


Recent Eats:
Leftover Spicy Pineapple Chicken and Rice

Energy Ball
Have a good day!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 9
Sodium (+) 369
Protein (+) 4

No comments:

Post a Comment