Recipes

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Giving Up on Dry Beans

I was at the gym by 7 this morning and got in a stellar ab work out. I put in 30 minutes of hard core work, which I rarely ever do. I usually treat my abs like a side work out, only doing anything for them when I have time. I think I should take this approach more often, though, and spend 1 day a week working solely on just abs. I guess we will see how they feel in about 12-24 hours first. yikes!

When I was done with abs, I got on the treadmill and struggled through 30 minutes of interval running. Usually, interval running goes by so quickly and seems so much easier. I had a hard time getting through it this morning. I was tiring out quicker than normal, my legs felt heavy, and the run overall just felt sluggish. Maybe 3 days in a row of interval running is not a good idea? I managed to get through all 30 minutes, but they were certainly tough. Luckily, today was the last day I had planned to do intervals this week. Maybe next week I will space them out a little differently.

Tomorrow I plan to do legs without any cardio and then Friday I am taking a rest day. I have made it to the gym every day this week, plus I did some working out and cardio over the weekend, so I feel really good about this week. My upper body is pretty sore from this week's strength training as well, so I am looking forward to giving that half a little rest. Depending on the weather this weekend, I hope to get in some outdoor runs and a few gym sessions during this long weekend coming up.

Yesterday's Eats
I ended up saving the apple because I was stuffed!
So, you know that hummus recipe I posted yesterday? Seriously, go make it NOW! It is the BEST hummus I have ever made, and I would even say it was the best I have ever tasted. The roasted garlic is strong, which I love, but you can adjust that if needed. I tasted it while I was making it the other night, but when I put it on my sandwich yesterday, I couldn't get over how great it was. After sitting all night in the fridge, it tasted so amazing.

Let me give you a closer look at my sandwich...
So. incredible. And it makes me really happy that 3 out of the 5 ingredients on that sandwich were ingredients from my produce delivery box. :) Mike made the same sandwich yesterday and was also quite impressed with how wonderful it was. Luckily, I have enough ingredients to make one more sandwich for my lunch today. I am pretty excited about that.

Dinner last night was just OK. Keeping with the meatless thing, Mike had a good idea to make veggie tacos. I had prepped some dry beans on Sunday so that we would have black beans throughout the week, but I think I am giving up on dry beans. I have tried to make them so many times and they are always hard. I can't seem to get them soft enough to be very good. I follow the directions to the tee and have tried many different variations, but they never come out soft. HELP!

I decided to have my taco sans tortilla since we made some rice and potatoes. We have a ton of red potatoes right now and we are trying to get through them. It was one of those dinners that was good, but nothing to get too excited about.

B-Fast This AM

I have to get better about eating something before going to the gym. I am just so tired when on the way to the gym and food just sounds gross to me. So when I finished at the gym, I came to work and had another monster bowl of oatmeal. I love bananas in oatmeal, they seriously make the oats so much better. I swapped out the strawberries for raspberries today, since I am all out of strawberries. Still a great combination.


Mike is still feeling crummy and we headed to bed pretty early last night. I am surprised I haven't started to feel sick, but I am thankful for that. Hopefully he starts feeling better soon!

Have a great Wednesday, everyone! 

Yesterday's Stats:
Yesterday my stats were really good. I ended the day under in calories and sodium! I was short on my protein, but only by 10 g, so that isn't too bad. Maybe this meatless thing is a good idea. But, I don't think I will go down that road just yet. I enjoy food too much to cut out a huge section like that.

Calories (-) 101
Sodium (-) 518
Protein (-) 10

No comments:

Post a Comment