Recipes

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Freak Alert

Being in the medical field gives me a right to be a complete hypochondriac, right? Yeah, I think so too.

I am a bit of a freak-a-zoid when it comes to germs at the gym. I wash my hands immediately after working out and try not to touch anything that I don't have to. Today, I was using a machine and cut my leg on it. At first, I just continued to work out, cursing the machine and myself for giving myself a bruise, but as time went on, I started to freak out. I started to think about the possibility that the germs on that machine could be something horrible, like a resistant staph bug. I ran to the locker room and immediately scrubbed my leg with antibacterial body wash.

Maybe I am crazy, but these are the things that go through my brain.  I finished up my workout, careful not to let the scratch on my leg touch anything and then scrubbed it again while I was showering. Hopefully, that will ensure that I don't end up with some awful infection in my leg, requiring weeks of antibiotics, hospitalization, and pain medicine (that is worse case, but that is what I think about). Yeah, maybe I really am crazy.

Now back to normal posting...

Dinner Last Night

I walked into the house last night, where Mike was cooking dinner again. Man, I love that guy! I went to grab a spoon, obviously to dip into the almond butter jar, but all of our spoons were dirty. So I grabbed the next best thing.
measuring spoon
Mike had made grilled chicken and roasted sweet potatoes. We also had some leftover roasted broccoli from Saturday night, so we heated those up to finish them off.


I cut up the rest of the chicken and threw in some canned pinto beans so we could make tacos for lunches. I will be having the last of the spaghetti today for lunch, but I already have my lunch packed and ready to go for Thursday.



When I woke up this morning, my stomach was growling, so I had a slice of whole wheat bread with some almond butter smeared on top. It definitely gave me the energy I needed to get through my 25 min run and 15 min ab work out. After the gym, I came to work and made some oatmeal with dried cranberries and brown sugar.


Dinner Tonight

Tonight, we are going to have pizza. I want it to be vegetarian, since we have been eating so much meat over the last week, but I am having trouble coming up with a recipe. I want to use chickpeas, but Mike doesn't care for them much. We have several veggies in the fridge that we can use, but we need to add some kind of beans to up our protein. I'll have to do some research to see if there are any other bean topped pizza ideas out there. Let me know if you have any ideas!

I hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday! Only 2 days until the weekend!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (+) 24
Sodium (-) 48 YAY!
Protein (+) 5 YAY!
Definitely my best day in a while!

2 comments:

  1. You could do a BBQ or SW type and use black beans. Or you could do spinach and artichoke with maybe a white sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I might do the BBQ or SW thing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete