Recipes

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Re-cap in Photos and 2012 Resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 

What a week! We are back from our trip, I am now back to work, and we are back to reality... unfortunately. I am glad to be home, but not excited for the vacation to be over. Sorry I didn't post while I was away. Even when we didn't have plans, we were busy doing something.

Here is a re-cap of the last week:

We opened a lot of presents:

Out of control. We got lots of great gifts from Mike's family and Mike got me some awesome things. A new iPhone (!!), lots of cook books, and a cute, festive apron. My mom and friend also got me some aprons so I have quite the selection now...



We spent a lot of time with these guys:
Our nephews
They turned 1 year old while we were there. I am so glad we were able to be there for that.

The only work out we got in was a little of this:

Which resulted in this:
Don't joke my pajamas. Or my socks... or my sweater.. it is really cold there.

We caught up with Mike's family:

Did a bunch of shopping:
 We went to a Chicken Farm:
pasta, fries and chicken - the only option... random
And, got a lot of sleep. It went by so quickly.


On our way home, we shared some chicken nuggets (I re-lapsed on the fast food, but only had 3).
He loves McD's!
I got bored in the car and messed with Deluca:

Once we were finally home, my mom brought us back an adorable pup:
Also, some of our favorite humans came to stay with us and celebrate the new year!

We made a delicious new years eve feast with my sister and brother in law:


We sipped some champagne and sparkling apple cider while watching Ryan Seacrest:
Don't ask me why she is wearing a robe, she is a baller.


Cheers to 2012!

My mom made pork and sauerkraut on New Years Day for good luck - a tradition in my family.


I had 2 servings, I am hoping for lots of good luck in 2012! I already feel like it is going to be an amazing year.

Last night, I watched an adorable duo make dessert:

And it was delicious...

Funny, my scale ran out of batteries while we were away... isn't that a shame. What perfect timing! ;)

Time to get back to reality!

2012 Resolutions - I have a bunch:
  • Get to church more - we fell in love with a church, but just haven't had/made the time to go very often. I would like to make more time for that this year. 
  • Date night every week for Mike and I.
  • Shop more - that sounds like a bad resolution, but I have a problem where I won't shop for months on end, then I will be so far behind in the things I need and can't ever get caught back up. I would like to set aside a little money each paycheck to put in a shopping fund. That way, my wardrobe will be up to date. 
  • Update my iPhone more - now that I have a new phone, I want to keep it up to date and current. 
  • Stay home more - I have a bad habit of planning tons of mini-trips to see family and friends. As much as I love doing this, we need to spend more time at home, enjoying what Raleigh and our area has to offer. 
  • Pay off debt - we have a really great plan for our debt pay-off and I really want us to stick to it.
  • Savings - we also have a good plan for our savings, but we haven't been very good about sticking to it, so this year, I hope we can do that. 
  • Finish re-decorating our downstairs.  
  • Continue with my goal of losing 25 (now maybe 30) lbs by the end of next summer. Get to the gym more, continue eating healthy. 
  • Run a sub-29 minute 5k race
  • Run in an 8k race
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Cheers to 2012 and all that it has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment