Recipes

Friday, January 13, 2012

Super Late and Suuuper Quick Post!

Hey! I have been really busy today at work, so I haven't had the time to post. major sad face.

I didn't get home from the hospital until after midnight last night. It wasn't busy, just short staffed so my relief got there late. When Mike got up to go to work, I couldn't even open my eyes, so I stayed in bed.  My abs are suuuper sore, arms are still tender, and my legs are just beginning to feel sore... so I think it was a good day to take a break. After 4 awesome workouts in a row, I am taking a well deserved rest day.

Just a quick update on my recent eats-

Lunch Yesterday:

A grilled chicken, black bean, and veggie wrap


An apple from our produce box and some greek yogurt.


For dinner last night, on my way into the hospital, I had a peanut butter sandwich. I saved the apple and ate it on my way home from the hospital... my stomach is always growling when I leave there.


Today, I had some peanut butter toast for breakfast (not pictured) and then I went to lunch with a this guy:

My office is right next to an awesome lunch cafe. They are only open from 11-2 on weekdays, but they are our favorite place to get lunch together. It is called Meridian Cafe, so if you are ever  in Durham between 11-2 on a weekday, please check them out. They also do catering. I promise you won't be disappointed. The owner/chef always gives me cooking tips on quinoa, kale, and other items that are new to me in the cooking world. they have some great fresh options, as well as a huge variety, and I haven't been disappointed once since I started going there over a year ago.




Mike got his usual, the Miami Cubano. This sandwich is really good, but I like to try something different each time I go. Unless they have veggie frittata that day, and then I have to get that, it is my favorite.


Today I had the sweet and sour chicken with a side of citrus kale salad... told you... they have so many options! Their salad options alone will overwhelm you. And it is all made right there, by a family that all works there together. I love it.


We rarely eat lunch out when we work, but when we do go out, we go to Meridian 85% of the time. It is a nice little date in the middle of our work day. :)

I have to get back to work now, so I will catch you all next week. This weekend is filled with a whole lot of NOTHING, which I am super excited about. Wine tasting tonight, hanging out tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday - since we are off! Yay!

have a great weekend!

No stats - no time, but I promise they were pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment