Recipes

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

champagne problems

On Sunday morning, everyone was dragging a little from the late night karaoke-ing. Mike and I attempted to make it to church, but when we were pulling in at 11:10, I just wasn't in the mood to sneak into a pew after things had already gotten started. We decided, instead, to go for a run.

Oh, did you not hear that correctly? We went for a run the day after a 10k. Yeah, we are some serious people now.

I never really thought I would get to that point. But now, going a day without some type of exercise is just unusual. Since we rarely get the chance to go running anywhere but our neighborhood, I took full advantage on Sunday. Plus, with Mike being so interested in the healthier lifestyle lately, it makes it so much easier to get off the couch, and get moving. I am not allowing him to ever go back to his old ways. Ever.

We headed to Shelley Lake, a local lake with a trail around it. One of our friends had told us about it, so we decided to give it a try. We only wanted to do 2-3 miles, since we were pretty sore, so we did 1 loop around the water.


I think the total amount was 2.06 miles, which was plenty for the both of us. It was a pretty nice run, with the weather being breezy and not too hot.


Our hamstrings are really sore from Saturday, so I don't think we could have gone much longer than what we did.


After our run, we ran a ton of errands. Mike needed his hair cut, so I browsed the shopping center while he was doing that. We also had to make the usual stop at Target, where I got some new running socks and Mike got some new work socks.

After running over 6 miles on Saturday, I realized I needed something better in the way of socks. I had some serious blisters on my toes, and I think it is because I don't wear thick enough socks. It felt like when my feet would sweat, there was nothing to absorb that, so I got some moisture wicking socks.


--

As you know, I have officially gone down a full size in my pants. I can still wear a lot of the same shirts, because I have always been kinda small on the top, but I am getting a little tired of looking like a slob at work. I feel like I don't want to leave my desk because my pants are so saggy and look ridiculous.

I was telling my friends about this problem over the weekend and felt like the term "champagne problems" fit perfectly. Let me pull the definition straight from Urban Dictionary for you...

Champagne Problems - 

A problem or dilemma that, when compared to issues of poverty, national disasters and war, are not all that big of a deal, but nonetheless provide individuals with issues that must be dealt with.

An issue that must be dealt with is right...  Mike and I headed to the mall for a few new pairs of pants for me, and since we were there, Mike found a few new pairs as well. And, some new shirts. haha. He is in need of new clothes too, since his pants and shirts are looking quite saggy since he has lost weight. I told him there is no turning back since we just bought new clothes, we are going to keep this up! 


Express is our go-to place for work clothes. Their clothes just seem to fit Mike and I both very well, they aren't very expensive, and they are easy to wear, without being too fancy or casual. It helps that they are constantly sending out coupons and always have a  pretty good clearance rack to pick from too. 

We should have done a little fashion show to post on the blog... 

--

Foam Roller Love... 

I have been reading healthy living blogs for a long time, and I always see the foam roller make an appearance. I had never tried one out, but after running that 10k on Saturday, I felt like a rolling pin to my hamstrings would be the most amazing feeling ever. I gave the foam roller a try at they gym yesterday, and skipped out on any kind of cardio, and my legs feel so awesome.

Here is a good guide to how to use one. I pretty much just did the hamstring pose, which felt so great. 

Source

I think I will be needing to buy one of these things to keep on hand soon. I think it would be great to have before going to bed and immediately after a run.

I am going to try to get in a 3-4 mile run today after work, before heading to the hospital. We are running in a 5k on Thursday evening, so I don't want to give myself too long of a break.

--

We are currently awaiting the results of Mike's work weight loss challenge... Although I would love for Mike to win, I feel like this has been a great way to jump start his journey, and we are really happy with what it has done for the both of us. Mike has been educating himself so much on eating better, working out, and running, I think this is a lifestyle change he really wants to stick with. From what I hear, a lot of people who did this challenge with him feel the same way. No matter who wins, I hope everyone is really happy with their success.

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 109
Sodium (+) 905
Protein (-) 7

No comments:

Post a Comment