Recipes

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

grapefruit lurve

Really, it is only Tuesday? I feel like this week has been dragging already and for some reason I am in a total funk today. I am sleepy, and moody, and really not looking forward to going to the hospital tonight. I think I am just ready for a vacation... too bad I won't be getting one for a long while...

I really can't stand when people complain though, so I am turning this frown upside down!!!! I will try to find the positive in today and be grateful that the sun is shining, I have a job (or 2), and life is good!

My produce box sent some of my favorites this week, avocados and grapefruit!


I love, love, love grapefruit, and I so look forward to mornings that I get to have one for breakfast. I really should just buy them more often, but I think the fact that I don't makes them that much more exciting to me.

I haven't used the avocados just yet, but they are already ready for eating, so I will be making something with them very soon.

Last night, Mike and I decided to put together some salads for our lunches today. We have so many vegetables from our veggie box, and we hate to throw out any food, so we figured we needed to get through them. Salads are the best way to do that, but neither of us are in any mood for salads. I wish I had some chicken or beans or something to throw in with the veggies, but we didn't have any thing on hand, and I haven't had a chance to go grocery shopping. Although my salad looked awesome for today, I was pretty disappointed with it since I just wasn't in the mood.


Spinach, romaine, red peppers, tomatoes, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar dressing. It was OK, I just really wanted something more...

I also brought some orange wedges, since we seriously have an entire drawer FULL of them. This is the way to go. I hate bringing oranges since they make such a mess, but having them already cut was perfect.


Sorry for the short post, but things are kinda busy around here lately. Hope you all have a good day!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 482
Sodium (+) 209
Protein (-) 27

No comments:

Post a Comment