Recipes

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

single digits

Ever since high school, I have worn a size 8 in pants. Sometimes I would get away with finding a size 6 that fit, but for the most part, size 8 was my size. Fast forward to after college, when I started gaining weight, I was a solid size 10. Sometimes that size 10 would be snug, other times, it would be a little loose, but always a size 10.

Y'all - I am officially back in the single digits of pants sizes.

This is a really exciting accomplishment. I usually try to relate my weight loss to something other than my weight, and this is huge. I seriously can not wear any of my size 10s anymore, so getting dressed each day is sort of difficult, but I will take that feeling any day!

Luckily, I have a few pairs of size 8 pants that, for whatever reason, I have held on to for all these years. Today, I pulled out a pair of J Crew size 8 kakis that have been sitting in the back of my closet for over 5 years, without wearing them. I bought them right out of college and maybe got 1 or 2 wears out of them before they just felt too tight. I am wearing those babies today.






Although I really don't want to, I guess I HAVE to go shopping for more pants that fit me.... ;)

This past weekend, I tried on a pair of shorts that I wore a ton last summer and they pretty much just fell off of me, straight to the ground. It was such an amazing feeling.

--

Last night, we headed over to our bible study group for a pot luck of salads. This was a welcome change to our pot lucks, considering how horribly we all ate over the weekend. Thanks to my GoLocal product box, I didn't even have to go to the store to get anything. We just came home, chopped up some veggies, cleaned some spinach, and off we went.


I threw a few colored eggs in there, since I have so many to get through! It was a great dinner.

I attempted a run this morning, but it was pretty awful. I felt heavy and tired, and only got about 2.5 miles in. Franklin seemed full of energy, so I felt bad making him go so much slower than he had wanted to, but some days are just more difficult than others. I hope the next few runs will be better since I am running in my first 10K this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day! I am working at the hospital tonight and dreading it. I would love to get in bed at 8:30 tonight and go to sleep! Oh well! Maybe tomorrow night.

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 554
Sodium (-) 57
Protein (-) 23 :(


No comments:

Post a Comment