Recipes

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

turkey, turkey, turkey

I was really sad I had to work at the hospital last night. Since Mike won the weight loss competition, I would have loved to have taken him out to a really horrible dinner last night and feasted on a bunch of crap. That probably wouldn't have been the best idea, since we are stickingtothis, but it would have been fun. I guess we will have to celebrate another day...

I went out for lunch on Monday, since I didn't take any time on Sunday to pack something, and got a sandwich at McAlister's Deli. They just put one nearby my work, and I have been thinking about going there ever since. There was a McAlister's in my college town that I frequented quite regularly, so I was excited for a blast from the past. I had the Smoky Pepper Jack Turkey sandwich, and it was really good.


I split the sandwich in half and ate the rest yesterday for lunch with a small salad and an apple. On Monday, I had gotten a bag of Miss Vickie's Jalapeno chips, but ate them all on the drive from McAlister's back to my office. I think that is one thing that will never change about me. Whether it be a side of chips, french fries, or whatever else, I am going to eat those on my way to my destination. I am really impatient when it comes to sides, and I am A-OK with that. :)


I was actually pretty impressed with the sodium content of these chips. They taste so salty and delicious, but they only had 180 mg of sodium - score!

After I got off from job numero 1, I headed over to a friend's house before having to go into the hospital. I had about an hour before I had to get to job #2, so Ashley and I went for a quick run. We did 3.2 miles (but we walked the last .3 miles), which was the perfect amount for both of us.


We are sweaty and gross, but that is what it is all about! It gave us some good, quality time to catch up on life and get a work out in.  I love this girl, and I love that she is always down for an exercise whenever. She is such a supportive friend, always encouraging me and telling me how proud she is. Such a good friend. :)

When I got to the hospital, I was ready to hit the ground running, since we are always so busy. I can tell that spring is here because work is much slower paced than normal. I can actually get charting done in reasonable times, I am not walking into a disaster, and I can actually breath (and pee) while there. :) Winter at the hospital is just crazy times.

I brought my peanut butter and jelly sandwich to have while working, but then our manager bought us all dinner from Jimmy John's. Although I knew I eating a take out turkey sandwich for lunch and dinner would send my sodium through the roof, I couldn't pass up on a free and delicious dinner. My PB&J didn't sound at all good after looking at the menu.


I rolled with the Beach Club, which had deli turkey, avocado spread, cucumbers, lettuce, tomato, provolone cheese, sprouts, and mayo. It was way good. I ate half of my sandwich, and then brought the rest home so I could have it for lunch today. Yum!

--

Mike and I are planning for an easy dinner tonight of veggie egg scramble or breakfast burritos. Tomorrow, you might get to hear from the weight loss champ himself, as he will be taking over this little bloggy blog for a special guest post. Stay tuned!!!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 524
Sodium (+) 493
Protein (-) 15

No comments:

Post a Comment