Recipes

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

a long run

On Monday evening, Mike and I decided to go for a longer than usual run. Since we are planning to run a 10K in 2 weeks, we thought we should try to up our mileage a bit from here on out. We planned to go for 5 miles, with no speed or time goal.


I was actually pretty amazed at how well we ran. We ran a lot slower than we normally do, but I think that was needed for the first time we ever ran 5 miles. I actually never felt out of breath, and we were able to talk a majority of the run. My feet and legs started to hurt around mile 4, but otherwise, it was a really, dare I say, easy run.

We brought Franklin along for our run, and I was pretty impressed with him as well. He still had that, 'this is really the fastest you can go' look on his face while he just trotted along, tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth. He didn't have quite as much energy by the end, but I was really proud of him for keeping pace without any complaints. He was given lots of treats when we got home. :)


When we got home, we each took a quick shower and then started to make some dinner. We didn't plan on being home last night, since we normally meet up with our church group on Mondays, so we went with something easy, egg sandwiches. Mine looks pretty gross because I put goat cheese and raspberry jam on mine, but it was really yummy.


I needed something sweet after my sandwich, so candy covered sunflower seeds were a perfect ending to my evening. I bought these since my sister is coming this weekend and we both love them, but I decided to bust into them a little early. Somebody was hoping he could get a taste...


In some other recent eats, I have been really digging the kid's peanut butter cereal from trader joes. I bring a little with me to put into my yogurt and I am loving it.


I don't know why I decided to buy these, but they just spoke to me.


Rando combination, vanilla greek yogurt, frozen (thawed) raspberries, blueberries, and peanut butter panda puffs. Pretty awesome though!

Lunches lately have been either leftovers or turkey and muenster with raspberry jam sandwiches.


Sauteed cabbage, peppers, and swiss chard on the side.

We also got a pretty awesome produce box last week... sweet potatoes, green onions, and acorn squash! I have no idea what I am doing with that squash yet, but I am pretty excited for it!


This week is pretty busy, as we are getting ready to have lots of family in town and we have commitments almost every night after work, so the fact that work is extremely busy right, is not helping matters. 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 230
Sodium (+) 508
Protein (+) 41

1 comment:

  1. There are a few recipes on pinterest for stuffed acorn squash. I haven't tried them yet, but plan to soon.

    ReplyDelete