Recipes

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

leftover jack pot

Hello!

Thankfully, my shift last night went really smooth. I was walking out of the hospital at 10:50 pm, which hasn't happened since I started working there. I didn't ask any questions, since having a slow night is always a welcome change.

I also got to sleep in a little this morning. Since Mike and I are planning to run tonight and he had to be at work much earlier than me this morning, we drove separately and I got to sleep until almost 8:30. It was glorious.

Our goal for tonight's run is going to be 6 miles in preparation for the 10k on Saturday.  If we run 6 miles tonight, maybe 3 or 4 tomorrow and then just go for a long walk on Friday, I think we will be ready for Saturday. I am actually really nervous about Saturday. I don't think I am really prepared for 6 miles, but maybe I just need to do it to find out. I am not setting any goals for myself, only to finish, since this is my first time. I guess we will see how it goes!

I woke up this morning really wanting a smoothie. I have been feeling a little scratchy in my throat and run down, so I think I was just craving what my body probably needs - nutrients! I knew I didn't have enough time to make a smoothie this morning, so I am going to plan to make one for tomorrow morning. I am loading up on the vitamins and vitamin c supplements in preparation for what I am afraid is a spring allergy attack.


Instead, I packed up some leftover egg casserole that was in my fridge from brunch on Sunday. My eyes probably grew to the size of golf balls when I realized there were still casserole leftovers in there, so I dug in when I got to work.


I also grabbed some leftover strawberries along with a handful of granola that someone brought for the brunch. Whoever left this at my house, thank you!




A little bit ago, I realized that my bosses brought Krispy Kreme donuts for everyone, but no worries, I resisted the temptation. Instead, I grabbed a few fudge sticks that someone else brought for our team and that satisfied my sweet tooth.


Looking at everything I have eaten so far for the day, I am really glad today's lunch is a salad. haha. I brought some spinach, cut up veggies, hard boiled egg, and ceasar romano dressing. I am about to go dig into that since my stomach is starting to growl.

Have a good one everyone!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 277
Sodium (+) 22
Protein (-) 14


1 comment:

  1. The wonderful person who brought the granola to your house was your husband...

    ReplyDelete