Recipes

Monday, April 9, 2012

the luckiest

Hello! Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend. I got to spend it with all of the wonderful people in my life, and I couldn't be happier.

My family started arriving on Friday evening, after Mike and I went for a 5 mile run.



We spent all of Saturday taking the kids to the children's museum, going out for lunch and ice cream, and then coming back home to have a cook out. The weather couldn't have been prettier, so we got to spend a lot of time outside, enjoying the sun, painting Easter eggs, and playing with the kiddos.

One of the main reasons everyone came to my house this Easter, was because I was being baptized on Sunday. We all got up really early on Sunday to open Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny and then head to the church. I spent most of Sunday afternoon playing "church" with my niece Ainsley, which is a lot like the game "house," except she wanted me to pretend to dip her into baptismal water, just like Aunt Dee Dee.  It was quite amusing.

After the baptism, we all came back to my house for a big Easter brunch (which I totally forgot to take any pictures of). There were several casseroles, a ham, oatmeal bar with all the toppings, mimosas, bloody mary's, and lots of chocolate bunnies and candy.

Mike, the awesome hubby that he is, got me an Easter basket full of dark chocolate candies and a card (again, forgot to take any pictures).

Here are some things I didn't forget to take pictures of.

Freddie loves to wear Uncle Mike's shoes
Austin, coloring his Easter eggs

Leaving a snack for the Easter Bunny!

Demon dogs resting after playing.

My best friend

Me and the Hubs, post baptism

Cutesy Easter flowers from a great friend

Breakfast this morning, before coming to work.

This weekend, I realized just how lucky I am. I have a wonderful group of friends and an amazing family. They support me and my decisions, they are there for me when I need them, and they always come together for the most important (and the not so important) stuff.  I appreciate all of them so much and am so happy they chose to spend their Easter with me. That, along with my super amazing husband, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Have a great week!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (+) too many to count
Sodium (+) my mouth is dry and my body is swollen, that should give you an idea.
Protein - who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment