Recipes

Thursday, April 12, 2012

a long hilly run

So, remember how I was going to run 6 miles last night, then a few miles tonight, then a long walk on Friday?  Well, after 6 miles last night, I will be doing a whole lot of nothing tonight. My legs still feel like jello.


I really just wanted to make sure I could do 6 miles, so now that I know I can, I feel good about resting the next few days. My time is not the best, but I am really not trying to finish in any amount, just as long as I finish.

As soon as I hit the 6 mile mark, I stopped running, gagged a little, and then immediately felt sore in my legs. My knees felt tired and my hips felt like they were going to collapse at any second. Mike and I did a short cool down walk before heading inside to stretch.

Gotta love the post run pic!
Speaking of Mike... that guy is going to smoke me on Saturday. He is doing such a great job with running lately, and I am normally trailing behind him by a few hundred yards. It is funny that a few months ago, he was the one trailing behind me.

In case you didn't believe me when I said that my neighborhood is super hilly, I took some pictures for proof (which could be the reason my times aren't the best...).

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:


Exhibit C:


See??? It is like a mini San Fran route! Slight exaggeration.

It was also a little chillier than normal last night. So I was wearing pants, long sleeves, gloves, and an ear band. Come back spring weather!


As soon as we got home, we threw some veggies in the oven. Mike had already prepped them, so all we had to do was coat them in EVOO and sea salt, and stick them in the oven.


They turned out amazing. They were perfectly cooked. We thought this wouldn't fill us up enough, but since it was almost 9 pm before we started eating, we didn't end up making anything else. 


Today I got up a little early so that Mike and I could ride together, and I could get some errands ran. We actually got up in time to make breakfast at home and we left a little early. Mike had some cereal, while I made a smoothie.


I added a handful of spinach, 4 frozen strawberries, 1 banana, 1 scoop of chocolate Sun Warrior, and 8 oz of skim milk. Spin away!


It turned out really good! I thought it would be greener, but I guess the chocolate protein powder kept it nice and brown. It was exactly what I was thinking about for the past few days, and I hope it amps up my nutrients some.


Tonight we have a list of things to get done before the weekend, and I plan on trying out that acorn squash I got last week in our produce box. I just can't decide if I want to stuff it with quinoa and veggies, or try it with butter and brown sugar. I have seen both recipes floating around, now I just have to decide... Any recommendations?

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 247
Sodium (+) 86
Protein (-) 14

2 comments:

  1. Do you have 2 acorn squash? Do one of each and let me know how it goes.

    Also, it's really hard for me not to hate you when you complain about your time. Seriously?!?!? If I could get to a 10 minute mile I would do backflips!

    Finally...I love roasted veggies...I seriously can't eat them any other way.

    Good luck tomorrow. I'll be running a 5k after 2 weeks off...I think my achilles is much better though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. well, I am faster on the 5Ks so I feel like I should be just as fast! Sorry! I agree about the roasted veggies, I just can't have them any other way now! Good luck! Love you!

      Delete