Recipes

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mike is the Bread


This is how ideas get started in my head. As I am pulling everything out of the fridge last night, Mike says, "what are you doing?" I say, "trying to see if what I am thinking about for my lunch looks good." I went to get out the bread to add to my "pile" and found that we were out... whomp, whomp... Off to the store {mike goes}... he posed with my sandwich innards so I could visualize this delish sandwich before packing it up for lunch. Mike is the bread. And, by bread, I mean best. :)

Here is how my sandwich looked just a few moments ago before I scarfed it down...



Hummus, avocado, tomato, and cucumber on toasted honey wheat bread. It was exactly how I envisioned it.
Minus Mike.

The last time we made these types of sandwiches, Mike sent me the best e-mail when he was done eating.

From: Black, Michael
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:54 PM
To: Carolyn Black
Subject: RE: Tuesday

Lunch = Awesome. Let's eat like this all the time :)

Michael Black



Today, he sent a similar e-mail:
 
From: Black, Michael 
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:50 PM
To: Carolyn Black
Subject: RE: Wednesday
Sandwich=Awesome
 
Michael Black


Nothing makes me happier. :)

Along with my sandwich, I had an apple and a cereal bar. I don't know where the cereal bars came from, but since we are severely in need of a grocery shopping trip, I was thankful that someone left them at my house.
 

We are in one of those weird places where we have food, plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit, but nothing to make with them. I had a great plan to make a pasta primavera last night with all the veggies we have, but we didn't have any pasta or any sauce. We have a crap ton of tomatoes, so we could have made a sauce, but without pasta, what do you do? I thought about using quinoa, but it just didn't sound right in my mind... so, we went out to eat. Mike grabbed some pasta along with the bread when he went to the store so we could make the veggie primavera on Thursday.  He is the best bread!

I was in the mood for Mexican food and steak, so we went to a nearby Mexican restaurant. I had a half order of steak and chicken fajitas, and they were exactly what I was looking for.


My breakfasts lately have been switching between the same old oats with fruit and chocolate chips and nut butter toast with bananas. Nothing too exciting. I have really been wanting eggs lately, so it might be time to get some hard boiled made for breakfast with toast.

Gym Time
Today's gym sesh was pretty good. I did a full ab work out and then did 30 min on the treadmill. I didn't drink juice this morning, so I don't know if it was that or the fact that I worked my legs yesterday, but my legs felt pretty heavy. I got through the work out, but I wasn't super stoked with it.

I am working tonight at the hospital, so no fun dinners planned. PB and J are on the menu... real fun... My work is having a chili cook off on Friday and my boss signed me up to make a vegetarian chili... I am thinking the Fitnessista's Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili will have to make an appearance. :) Luckily, Mike has agreed to help me get it together... he really is the best.

Have a good day!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 159
Sodium (+) 2000 - yikes! darn Mexican...
Protein (+) 15

1 comment:

  1. Confused about what to gift to your loved ones on Valentines Day?? I think gifting a chocolate will be good this time: For delivery any where in india for customised photo chocolates Contact Chocolate Hut:9246217112 (or) info@ChocolateHut.in

    ReplyDelete