Recipes

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

7 AM

Mike returned to work yesterday and his co-workers had a little fun with his cube...

Luckily, he has a good sense of humor. :)

I think Mike is finally coming out of his depression from Sunday night. He was moping around a little the last few days, but I think he is finally getting over it. Can't win them all!

Monday night, I was in a serious veggie and egg mood, so we put together a quick and easy dinner. Mike scrambled some eggs and threw in some jalapeno chicken sausage, onions, peppers, spinach, and tomatoes.


I had one in a wrap, and another small serving of eggs without the wrap. A little hot sauce and cheese and it was the perfect dinner.


My breakfast needs a change up. The oats and peanut butter toast with banana combination were just getting old. Mike hard boiled some eggs for me while he made dinner on Monday, so I have been having that with toast and half a grapefruit these last few mornings. I also plan on making some egg salad this week, so those hard boiled eggs will come in handy. The grapefruit from our produce box this week is so delicious! Perfectly sweet and juicy. I topped it with a pinch of pure cane turbinado sugar, but I really don't think it even needed it.


My lunch yesterday was some leftover egg scramble, with a small side salad of spinach, tomatoes and goat cheese. I also added some goat cheese to my egg scramble and it was beyond delicious. I will have to add goat cheese to my eggs more often.


7AM
My schedule flip flops between 9am and 10am to 5pm and 6pm. When I work 10-6, I have no trouble getting to the gym every day. I can wake up at 7/7:15, get to the gym by 8 and have an hour work out. When I have to be at work at 9, it feels hours earlier. I just can't seem to get up at 6. I just lay there, hitting snooze and feeling grumpy about waking up.

I have realized that my body just likes to sleep until 7. On the weekends, I will certainly stay in bed until at least 8 or 8:30, but 7 is a reasonable time for me to wake up. I feel rejuvenated and excited, and I have lots of energy to get a work out in.

Tuesday morning, when the alarm went off at 6, Mike and I tossed and turned, hitting snooze every 9 minutes before ultimately deciding to just go to the gym after work. I hate going to the gym after work. I usually try to find 879 reasons why I can't go throughout the day, and I enjoy my evenings for relaxing. Low and behold, when we got off of work yesterday, I headed for the gym, but quickly convinced myself and Mike it was warm enough outside for an evening run. Boy was I wrong.

Never mind our demon eyes...

By the time we got home and grabbed Franklin, the sun had already set and it was quite chilly out. We ran a quick 2 miles, feeling the sting in our lungs from the cold air we breathed in. I turned around at one point to ask Mike if he felt like going for 3 miles, but we all decided we wanted to get home ASAP.

It did feel nice to run outside though. My legs felt light and the run was pretty easy, besides the pain in my lungs. I am glad we got some sort of cardio in, even if it wasn't the most ideal. Tonight, I am working at the hospital, so I think we are going to try to get in a 30 minute leg work out between getting off from my daytime job and going into the hospital. I have about an hour and a half between, so we should be able to make it happen.

Goal Update
In some feel great news... I am wearing my "skinny" jeans today, and they are a bit loose in the waist. You know those jeans we all have, that pretty much let you know when you are on the right track? Well, I am wearing those today. I wore them for the 6 months leading up to my wedding and that was the smallest I had been in years. I was pretty excited to wake up this morning and try them on, just to see how they would fit. To my surprise, they fit perfectly. :)

I am still 1 lb away from my short term goal that I wanted to achieve by 2012. 1 measly pound away from a goal I had set to be accomplished 39 days ago. But, I have to realize that throughout the holidays of travel and eating, and getting back into working out, the plateau phase is right on schedule. I think I am at the end of that plateau, so hopefully I will start to see a rapid decline on the scale and in my inches.

To be positive, I am excited that I am almost there. Almost to my wedding weight, almost to the 10 lbs lost mark. And, I did it by eating a nutritious, whole diet, without cutting out anything, without feeling hungry, and without adding anything fake to my diet. I did it by working out in a healthy way, by myself (with a little help from Mike), without a trainer, and without spending a ton of money. It feels really great to be on the right track.

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (+) 87
Sodium (+) 47
Protein (+) 12

No comments:

Post a Comment