Recipes

Monday, February 6, 2012

Faulking Patriots

The Blacks were ready. Deluca had his tailgating jacket on and Mike was wearing his favorite Patriot's t-shirt. This was Franklin's first Super Bowl, so he didn't really have a role, except to look cute.


Unfortunately, the Patriots weren't so ready. Mike is currently sleeping away his sorrows, trying to figure out what he did wrong. "Was it because we didn't make any New England Clam Chowder? Was it because Carolyn refused to wear a "Patriot's" shirt?" It must have been something WE did or didn't do.

I will never understand boys and their obsession with sports superstition. The not washing of the socks, or worse, underwear... I just don't get it. The mandatory items that need to be in place in order to watch your favorite team play. Why can't you just blame the team? That is what I do. I think for some strange reason, old Tommy boy is just afraid of the little Manning. Eli is Tom's kryptonite. Enough said.

Whether or not the Patriots won the Super Bowl, we had a party to throw. We decorated the house and made tons of food for everyone to enjoy. I even splurged on the "Patriot's" napkins... damn Brady, making me waste my money on stupid NFL party-ware for nothing...

Luckily, my friends came over to help me get everything ready. They also helped make a lot of the food, which was amazing, by the way. Wanna see?

Parmesan Almond Dip
Mini Corndog Muffins
Greek Yogurt Dips
Disclaimer: There were NO illegal items in those brownies, but that was too funny not to include.
There were also chicken wings, meatballs, buffalo chicken dip, and ham biscuits, that were not photographed. Thanks a ton to Lindsay, Layne and Jes for helping me with everything and contributing to the food spread. :)

The party was a lot of fun, with great food and good company. Apparently there was a dress code for some of us.


We look like the 4th of July.

I am back at work today, while Mike took the day off. Hopefully the house will be nice and clean when I get home. :)

I am spreading the weekend post out until tomorrow, since I didn't want to combine anything else with the Super Bowl party.

No comments:

Post a Comment