Recipes

Monday, February 27, 2012

sleepin' like a baby

We had a busy, but fun weekend and are just counting down until Wednesday. Our vacation begins tomorrow at 5 pm for a few days in the mountains skiing. You can not imagine how excited I am.

Last year! photo courtesy of Linds
We had a low key Friday night, getting Mexican food for dinner and heading to bed relatively early. Saturday, I woke up super early, for no reason at all. I let Mike sleep in for a bit, but I was up and at em at 6:45. Once Mike got up, we went out for a nice run outside with Franklin.


We did about 3 miles, but it was a tough 3 miles with the wind. The gusts were strong and going against us most of the time. We also decided to do a much hillier route, so it was a great work out followed by lots of puppy kisses. I always have to congratulate Franklin on the amazing job he does when running. He is pretty fast, so sometimes I can't keep up with him, but he will slow down for me and he is just so easy to run with.


After our run, we did a little cleaning up and then I got ready to go to a baby shower, that actually wasn't until Sunday. Long story short, I completely mis-read the invite, got in my car and drove the nearly 30 miles to the baby shower before my friend called to inform me it was not on Saturday. Sometimes, I am a total space cadet.

I think we did a pretty good job wearing out the old Frankerfruter... he was laying around all afternoon after the run.




I completely forgot to have our produce delivery company hold this week's box since we are going out of town. A lot of the stuff we can take with us, but I ended up giving some of it to our friends.


On Sunday, we drove down to my mom's house to drop off our dogs for the next few weeks. We will be heading back down there on March 10 for my nephew's birthday, so the boys will be with Grandma and Mr. Charles until then. We left right after church so we could spend the whole day with my family. My brother and his family also came over, so it was nice to catch up with everyone.


Brooke, my semi-sister in law :), mom, and I made some party flyers for her to give out to friends and family for Austin's birthday. We used some fun stamps and the flyers came out really cute.


While we were doing that, the boys were watching TV and my mom and Charles were making dinner.


My mom's boyfriend is a big time cook. He always makes amazing comfort food and loves to feed a crowd. He is a true southern cook and usually ends up being our resident griller at parties and such. He is already on board to be the cook for Austin's birthday in a few weeks. :)


All the while, little Austin was fast asleep.


This kid has some wild, long hair. His mom hates it, but my brother loves it and refuses to cut it.

Here he is post wake up.
As he was sleeping, I couldn't help but think how I wish I could sleep like that. I am not a very good sleeper and I toss and turn a lot. When my eyes open in the morning, no matter what time, it is really hard for me to fall back asleep, which is why I got up at 6:45 on Saturday. One place that I can sleep with no problems is in the car. I don't know if it is the motion, vibrations, or just knowing that I can't do anything else so my brain decides to shut off, but I sleep the best in the car. On our way home last night, I think I slept 3/4 of the way. Thankfully, I have an awesome husband who always drives for me so I can sleep. :)

Before we left my mom's, I made a few batches of chocolate chip cookie dough almond butter for our trip this week. I also left some with my mom and Brooke since they really liked it.


We also ate dinner with my family.

I had to use Mike's phone since mine was in another room, sorry for the crap pic.
Charles did not disappoint with pork loin, corn, broccoli and cheese, and roasted potatoes. As we were eating Mike said "this is how broccoli should be made all the time, with cheese." I told him he could have it when he came to visit my mom and Charles, but it isn't happening at home any time soon. He may be moving in with them soon.

We were pretty sad to leave since our pups weren't coming with us. I will miss these little faces!


And this crazy hair!

haha.
Tomorrow's post will be the last for this week, so I hope to make it a good one with a nothing-but-veggies-dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment