Recipes

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

fashion faux pas

My brain must already be on vacation. Which would be fine with me, except I have a lot to accomplish before tomorrow so I would appreciate it if it would return for another 24 hours. Then, it may do what it pleases.

I have already told you all the shenanigans of our morning routine and how we rarely get out the door on time. Today was one of those rare mornings that when the alarm went off, we got up. Without any dogs to care for, we were out the door at a pretty decent time and made it to this side of the world (where we work/gym) in record time. I was feeling pretty great about being me when I realized I had forgotten my clothes for work.

I thought about just driving back home, getting ready there and then heading into work without a work out. But then, I figured between gas prices and the distance home, I might as well just go grab something to wear and see if I could still get in some sort of activity for the day. There is a WalMart pretty close to my gym and I figured I could find a pretty basic outfit to make due for the day without spending too much money. It was also 7 am, so where else was I going to go?

I found a pretty cute shirt for $5 and then started looking for a pair of black pants to go with it. I had 2 choices... polyester pants in the junior's department, or pants with a built in elastic waist in the woman's department. Why don't they just have normal clothes there? I ended up going with the first choice because I could not fathom putting on a pair of elastic waist band slacks.

There is something about polyester black pants that just bring me back to college. From the moment I put the itchy fabric over my legs, I suddenly had the urge to hit up the nearest club to do a little booty shakin'. I think I had roughly 10 pairs of polyester black pants that I would don each and every night with a sparkly midriff exposing shirt my freshman year of college... oh, the wonder years.

So, here I am. Almost 30 years old, wearing pants that remind me of my teenage years and feeling pretty stupid for forgetting to grab my clothes that I had hanging up above my gym bag. I did make it to the gym for a 20 minute basketball session, so I will call that a win. I am pretty sure these pants will be donated to good will tomorrow, but I will keep the shirt.

My WalMart Special - that white spot was on the mirror, not my fancy pants.
Today is probably going to go by very, very slowly since it is my Friday. I also have been working my butt off lately trying to get everything accomplished early, so that I wouldn't leave anything for my co-workers while I am gone. Now, I have very little to do the rest of today.

I got a load of laundry started last night and a little bit of packing complete. Mike was studying the entire evening for his midterm that is today. Tonight, I will have his help to get everything done. Before I started packing, I made a veggie filled dinner.


My standard potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and garlic roast.


Some fresh corn on the cob that came in our produce box a few weeks ago. We put it in the oven at 350F for about 45 minutes and it was perfectly cooked!


I also cooked us each an egg for some protein. It was a rather random, but delicious dinner.

I have been over-dosing myself on vitamin C and zinc this week because I am trying not to get sick. I had a cold on this trip last year and it was miserable! This past Saturday I had a little sniffle and sneezing going on, so I started taking zinc supplements immediately. Some people think it is all in my head, but I think zinc is really helpful. If I start taking it right when I begin symptoms of a cold, I usually don't end up getting the full blown sickness. Either way, I am feeling better now, but continuing the zinc and vitamin C until tomorrow.


This stuff tastes pretty awful, but I try to take one every 3-4 hours. I am also getting lots of vitamin C through my grapefruit each morning.


It is highly doubtful I will do any sort of posting from my vacay this weekend. We don't really have cell service up there and I will be busy skiing, eating, drinking, or just lounging in the hot tub. But, I will be back next week with a full recap! In the meantime, you can be very jealous. :) 

I hope Mike does great on his midterm today. He told me as I was getting out of the car "If I do well on my test today, we should go out like we used to in college."

Might as well, I already have the pants for it.


Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 441
Sodium (-) 643
Protein (-) 11

3 comments:

  1. You are looking very skinny little sister! Rock those booty shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh also, I am now a believer in Airborn. 2 kid sicknesses and none for me.

    ReplyDelete